HDJ81 Side View Mirrors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sonofaskipper

SILVER Star
Threads
anybody know off hand if the FJ or FJZ side view mirrors will work on and HDJ81? My mirrors are floppy, and I was thinking I’d maybe just replace them if the price was right. Thanks in advance.

Oh, and I’d be inclined to research this on my own, but I’m on a transpacific tug boat with limited internet right now.

Do a search on how to fix a shaky mirror.
I repaired mine. Took about 2hrs and cost a few dollars

IMG_20180513_111040.jpg

The tab at the bottom of the mirror body is broken (top of photo), the tab at the top (bottom of photo) is still in tact.

I drilled a couple of holes into the mirror body, bent up a piece of stainless steel TIG filler wire to replace the broken tab, epoxied it in the holes, built some form work around the wire using double sided tape, filled around the wire with epoxy, then once dried, filed it to shape.

Last edited:
Sit in your passenger seat and see if you can get your mirrors adjusted so that they'd be good if you were driving on the other side. If you can't do it, then trust that LHD truck mirrors won't work on your RHD truck.

@mudgudgeon has suggested the "proper" method of repair, I've accomplished the same with zipties on both mine with good results as well if you're in a hurry.

Try the Phillips screw on the underside of mirror first...don't overtighten.
Look from underside there is a round hole.
If this doesn't fix it go to above repair guide.

Didn’t even think about the trigonometric implications of my question. Thanks for setting me straight.
As an aside, I’ve got to figure out how to post some pictures of my truck, and some of the (modest) improvements I’ve made since acquiring it last spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom