HDJ81 Raptor Liner (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Cruisin Offroad...unfortunately no longer in production. Especially nice as it is made for the Warn 8274.

I forgot to grab the info for the tint today, I’ll be out again later in the week.
Man that would be perfect because I want an 8274 😪 but no worries in the tint it’ll be a little bit before I undertake this, but your results look awesome so I wanna follow your steps haha

Looks awesome! Couple of questions; as I've never done anything like this, and would probably outsource it, but why did you remove the sunroof and not remove the rear hatch?
Bitchin' bumper..I have the same one, and rear, sliders, skids, rear control arms. Jason did, and still does, awesome work.

Looks awesome! Couple of questions; as I've never done anything like this, and would probably outsource it, but why did you remove the sunroof and not remove the rear hatch?
Bitchin' bumper..I have the same one, and rear, sliders, skids, rear control arms. Jason did, and still does, awesome work.
I left the sunroof in. I removed the hood because I wanted easier access to get even coats. The hatch isn’t as critical, but it was tricky to tape and deal with when spraying to get the tailgate at the same time.

Jason’s stuff has held up super well, I have his sliders also. Kicking myself for not getting a rear bumper, not easy to find something that doesn’t interfere with the factory tire swing out.

Almost no progress lately... girlfriend is a RN and picked up covid at work. I didn’t end up getting it but I was exposed so spent two weeks in my house under mandatory isolation.

Planning to spray the bumper and drawer system tomorrow. Went out today and mocked up the new headlight setup. Need to trim a tab off the plastic headlight brackets but once I’ve done that my grill will fit perfectly.
FDAA1D57-80F4-4066-BC14-1A9ADA911591.jpeg

Almost no progress lately... girlfriend is a RN and picked up covid at work. I didn’t end up getting it but I was exposed so spent two weeks in my house under mandatory isolation.

Planning to spray the bumper and drawer system tomorrow. Went out today and mocked up the new headlight setup. Need to trim a tab off the plastic headlight brackets but once I’ve done that my grill will fit perfectly.
View attachment 2561633

The new headlight setup looks really good, would you able provide details on them, did you buy a used one from eBay or new one

The new headlight setup looks really good, would you able provide details on them, did you buy a used one from eBay or new one
I bought a used set from eBay Australia, I did look for new first but I think they’re NLA at this point. Have to make sure to get corner lights also as they’re different.

The RHD housings need to b replaced with LHD. I happened to find a full set of the JW Speaker LED projectors for sale here locally. Wiring also has to be modified but it’s pretty straightforward.

That looks awesome, did you do the three coats? How did the gasket look between the flairs and the body? Mine are shot and I was thinking of just spraying the liner and see how it works. I also wondered about putting some seam sealer in the gap and spraying over that. Not sure if that would work??

That looks awesome, did you do the three coats? How did the gasket look between the flairs and the body? Mine are shot and I was thinking of just spraying the liner and see how it works. I also wondered about putting some seam sealer in the gap and spraying over that. Not sure if that would work??
Yep three coats, I think there are details earlier in the thread but it was basically two for coverage and a final texture coat.

All my flare gaskets were destroyed, I bought a new set from a vendor on here that really didn’t fit at all but we were able to make them work. I wouldn’t recommend going the seam sealer route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom