HDJ81 Fusible Links (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi All,

There's a variety of fusible links that pull from the RHD Driver's Side battery.

The fusible link on the US 80 is a no-brainer to replace and keep a spare of, but the fusible links for the HDJ81 are no longer available.

What is everyone doing with this? Presumably they're a bit of a ticking time bomb.

Radd cruisers told me
*Fusible Links - None are available from any of our sources, either new or used. Instead, you can buy fusible link wire from an automotive supply shop and make up sections with crimped ends for repairing fusible links that get blown out. They’re usually rated via square millimetres or cross-section or ampacity when you buy the wire, and you can find the required values in the service manuals for your HDJ81.

Seems like a pain in the ass. Someone want to make some? I’ll buy them

you can buy fusible link wire from an automotive supply shop and make up sections with crimped ends for repairing fusible links that get blown out

This is what I did. It was quite easy to match up the wire and cost almost nothing with spare wire for next time

Radd cruisers told me
*Fusible Links - None are available from any of our sources, either new or used. Instead, you can buy fusible link wire from an automotive supply shop and make up sections with crimped ends for repairing fusible links that get blown out. They’re usually rated via square millimetres or cross-section or ampacity when you buy the wire, and you can find the required values in the service manuals for your HDJ81.

Seems like a pain in the ass. Someone want to make some? I’ll buy them

@NLXTACY Maybe a Wit's End project?

subscribing to this ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom