HDJ81 all warning lights on (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So my guage lights are on as if the alt plug has a bad connection. I’ve cleaned bent and reinstalled the plug a few times now with no success. But my alternator is charging just fine, it’s just all the gauge lights are on and driving me crazy. Does the alt have its own ground wire that I’m missing?

BUMP

Not necessarily 80 series related, but for my 70 series dash lights coming on signaled a dying alternator.

That, or a failing regulator. All the dash lights come on with high voltage as well.
Learned something new! I was under the impression that the 80 Series has an internal regulator within the Alternator.

Last edited:
Learned something new! I was under the impression that the 80 Series has an internal regulator within the Alternator.
Yes it is internally regulated but the regulator can still play up. Alternator is where I'd start.

I had a this problem at startup or under large electrical load... my alt charge cable was incorrectly connected to the passenger battery terminal rather than the correct lug on the 24v switching relay. The fuseable link was causing enough voltage drop that the charge light (and other lights) wouldn’t turn off.

I would check the connections on all of these cables and the voltage drop across the 24v switching relay itself as they can cause issues. There are 2 separate ground cables on either side of the engine. The 24v setup complicates the wiring a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom