For Sale HDJ81 5 speed Manual (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_0321.JPG
IMG_0323.JPG
IMG_0322.JPG
IMG_0324.JPG
IMG_0325.JPG

Decided I'll hold on to it and build it. No longer for sale. Thanks for looking 04/05/17

05/02/17 EDIT: Back up for sale, see post number 17

Last edited:
It looks like a real nice truck and you are offering a lot with it. Maybe just maybe the market has been a bit flooded with RHD Cruisers? 80-90% of all of them out there are RHD. Watching the market the last few years and the RHD trucks have come down in price, a lot. Along comes a US spec 80 that has been converted and it sells for 2, 3, sometimes even 4x what these JDM trucks sell for. They usually sell fast as well. Not trying to argue LHD vs RHD in your thread I am just pointing out what I have noticed. I myself have imported two RHD trucks and I don't like them on LHD roads. Seems to me though the market for imported trucks is small, even smaller for RHD. Add in a flooded market and prices come down and trucks sell slow.

Again, it is a nice Cruiser for sure, GLWS!

Cheers

in Europe there where only 2 diesels Mr T considered strong enough for the 3.70 gears ; HJ61 with 12HT and H55 and the other HDJ80 with 1HDT and H151.

I guess it would be the same for the JDM market and that might be why these Cruisers run so much better then the auto full time 4wd units.

Mr. T is known for having multiple personalities...

1HDT w/ H151
K295 axle code = 4:10 w/ LSD

Tire size is a 265/75R16 equivalent to a 31" tire. Will fit 285/75R16 w/out lifting, which is equivalent to a 33".

I drove a JDM manual w/ 35x12.5 BITD, RPMs vs speedo didn't change from what you see in video, so fuel economy actually improved w/ bigger tires.

Really the perfect set up if you live in an area that has Mountain passes and really big hills.

It looks like a real nice truck and you are offering a lot with it. Maybe just maybe the market has been a bit flooded with RHD Cruisers? 80-90% of all of them out there are RHD. Watching the market the last few years and the RHD trucks have come down in price, a lot. Along comes a US spec 80 that has been converted and it sells for 2, 3, sometimes even 4x what these JDM trucks sell for. They usually sell fast as well. Not trying to argue LHD vs RHD in your thread I am just pointing out what I have noticed. I myself have imported two RHD trucks and I don't like them on LHD roads. Seems to me though the market for imported trucks is small, even smaller for RHD. Add in a flooded market and prices come down and trucks sell slow.

Again, it is a nice Cruiser for sure, GLWS!

Cheers
I know where there's some really nice left-hand drives with plenty of life left I can import for you right now. $30,000 includes all service and a title!

I know where there's some really nice left-hand drives with plenty of life left I can import for you right now. $30,000 includes all service and a title!

So why wouldn't you!? You are selling in a LHD country, why not open up your customer base ten fold or more? That is good business or maybe you are just being sarcastic?

Cheers

I'm not being sarcastic, I bring in LHD by special order more often than you might think. Most of my existing and potential clients have expressed that they would rather drive RHD and save the $10k+ extra it would cost to import one from Europe.

I mainly focus on the mechanical, try to stay away from anything that needs resto. I have another shop do any body work that's needed. The PO told me the BEBs were done, otherwise I would have done them first thing. I'm diesel only. If your trade had glow plugs and not spark plugs I'll consider. However, a deposit has been made on this one now. Will keep you posted.

Out of respect for the new owner I won't list the final price, never do. If he joins the forum, he can post it. Any of you guys wanna do some crazy wheeling in Montana, donuts are still on me!

That's fine, but it's always good to know what these rigs go for at time of sale to help others. It helps with the threads titled, "what's this rig worth?" which most people use to scuff up the poor guy asking the question. Congrats on the sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom