HDJ81 24 or 12 volt? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

All being said if it had a 12 volt starter that would be the end of it IMHO, of course all this is speculation. I have been waiting for someone too furnish me with the 12v starter number that is used on the diesel conversions over in the states so I can put my theory to test.

regards

Dave

Dave, do you not have access to ToyoDIY or a similar parts site in Spain? I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but if you let me know I can try to give you a hand from over here. As I understand it at the moment, you're looking for a part number for the biggest (3.0Kw?) 12V starter Toyota used on the 1HD or 1HZ?

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but 28100-17040 and 28100-17060 are listed as a 2.5Kw 12V starter for a 1HD and 1HZ engine here: ToyoDIY.com

If you have two dead batteries and a 12V car available, then just hook up the running car to one of the batteries and let it charge at high idle for a while. Both of the HDJ81's batteries are in parallel when not cranking, so both batteries will get a charge from one of them being hooked up to the running car.

I fully understand the system but you are missing my point. If the batters are DEAD as in DEAD as in TOAST they will not accept a charge period. So 12v will not start your 24v cruiser. The scenario you are depicting assumes that the batteries are just low or flat and you also assume a car is nearby to help.

I had dead batteries when I first picked up my cruiser from the docks. Click, click... nothing. I hooked up my battery pack (cheap $50 one), waited about 4 minutes, and tried again. VROOM! Started right up.

Not saying the battery packs are everything, cause yes they are cheap... but they definitely can work. I keep mine hooked up, floating it in the garage, and put it in the back of the car/cruiser when we go on camping trips etc. It's also GREAT for blowing up my air mattress :)

PS - replaced both JDM batteries with brand new ones last week.

The reason you battery pack started the car was because the batteries or at least one of them was low, you boosted the weak one and started the car, IF both batteries were dead this would not have happened.

Dave, do you not have access to ToyoDIY or a similar parts site in Spain? I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for, but if you let me know I can try to give you a hand from over here. As I understand it at the moment, you're looking for a part number for the biggest (3.0Kw?) 12V starter Toyota used on the 1HD or 1HZ?

Yes I have access to the Toyo site but I cannot find the 3.0kw starter (12v). Apart from that I do not want to stump up a shed load of dosh for something that might not work, I would appreciate any help you can offer (TIA).

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but 28100-17040 and 28100-17060 are listed as a 2.5Kw 12V starter for a 1HD and 1HZ engine here: ToyoDIY.com

That is as close as I have got, it is the 3.0kw version I am looking for, as above though not really interested in Toyo unless a 3.0kw comes up at a sensible price, still any help is aprecciated with numbers though.

regards

Dave

I fully understand the system but you are missing my point. If the batters are DEAD as in DEAD as in TOAST they will not accept a charge period. So 12v will not start your 24v cruiser. The scenario you are depicting assumes that the batteries are just low or flat and you also assume a car is nearby to help.

regards

Dave

Your signature describes a diesel 80 with a manual transmission...and you're worried about someone giving you a jump if your batteries go completely dead?

I wasn't really posting directly at you anyway...someone else asked the question. Anywho............:rolleyes:

TD 100, yep thanks for the heads up on ebay, I have sent him a mail for info/shipping price to Spain.

This is getting kind of off track here folks.

I mentioned this off topic posting earlier, sorry for the hyjack :eek:....you can have it back now :cheers:

regards

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom