HDJ80 dome lights out (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been messing around with my dome lights trying to get some new ones. I just went to snap in some new festoons in the rear and I saw a small spark. The lights have not gone on since and I originally got 2.6V across the contacts, then .6V the next time I checked it. My dome light is out now too. I cannot find a fuse for the interior. Is it tied to other fuses like the cig lighter or something? But I am afraid that might not be the problem anyway, (unless there is a third fuse box I have not found). I checked all the fuses and they are all OK.

not sure where the fuse is but i do recall reading somewhere that as the wires go from the engine bay through the firewall water sits in the loom where there is a join in the wires for the dome lights and the joint rusts out, i think it was the LHS of the engine bay but not super sure. so if you do find the fuse and its all good then check there

Good to know. I do have a LHD. But I did find the fuse. Never would have imagined it was in the engine compartment fuse box with the headlights.

I did notice that the lights did not come on when the rear doors are open. That might have something to do with it.

I did notice that the lights did not come on when the rear doors are open. That might have something to do with it.

ahhh ok being LHD it may be a different harness lay out. so the fuse is good but there is no power to the lights? there should be power to the lights at all times and when the door opens it earths the other side of the bulb out and hey presto we have light so if your missing power to the light there is a wiring issue between the light and the fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom