HDJ80 BEB Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Do the European HDJ80 cruiser's need to have the BEB's done? Was there a problem with them like the 80's from Japan?
This HDJ80 is from the Canary Islands and already has 380,000KM's on her with no issues.

This HDJ80 is from the Canary Islands and already has 380,000KM's on her with no issues.

At that many miles, yours was either free of the BEB issues, or had a replacement set put in in the past, or due for a set.

You can either get a used oil sample analysis done, or put new BEBs in for peace of mind.

I'd be doing the oil analysis first.

Most people remove it but you don't have to.
I replaced mine with a new one when the original started to leak.
I'm in the minority but I like the automatic "choke" effect it gives in cold weather.

If it has EGR I would disable it. Then when you have some time, remove the crossover pipe and inlet manifold and clean all of the crap out.

Most people remove it but you don't have to.
I replaced mine with a new one when the original started to leak.
I'm in the minority but I like the automatic "choke" effect it gives in cold weather.
I read about so many failing and sending metal shreds into the Injection Pump so I just remove them. Do you have a good source for a new one
and BEB;s and rod bolts?

I actually stock and sell oem rod bolts and taiho bearings in the UK.
£100 plus postage.
No idea how cost effective that works out for you.

I actually stock and sell oem rod bolts and taiho bearings in the UK.
£100 plus postage.
No idea how cost effective that works out for you.

Thanks chapel gate. Ill let you know here in a few days after I get this rig home and in the driveway. 1st thing I am doing is the ACSD delete as I can't find a
new one to replace the old one with...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom