HDJ80 24v Webasto install

Stiles

Stiles

Howdy!
Per recommendation on here, l got a Thermo Pro 50 Eco 24v Webasto for my 1990 HDJ80 (1HD-T).

Could use some guidance on how to hook up the electrical, please. Seems its only 24v for starting... Some specific instruction/guidance would be superb.

FYI: Webasto doesnt sell heaters online, and they dont give instruction or support to anyone but an authorized installer. If you get a heater online, it isnt supported by them.

Everything else seems rather straight-forward (??!). T into fuel line, connect into coolant lines...

The electrical l am stumped by.

Thanks for the help, all!
Joe

Douglas S

Douglas S

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your HDJ80 is a 12 volt vehicle and will need a 12 volt webasto. Only the starter is 24v.

There are some threads in the diesel section that cover installation. They're a bit of a pain to install but you will love the end result, I've had mine for over 5 years at this point and it's by far my favourite modification.

Stiles

Stiles

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but your HDJ80 is a 12 volt vehicle and will need a 12 volt webasto. Only the starter is 24v.

Ooooph! Of this l was worried. I bought this model from a recommendation on here :/ Learning curves...

12v to 24v convertor an option? Or run dedicated electrical connection to both batteries, or connect into starter wire? l have the heater in-hand already, and would like to make it work...

Last edited:
Stiles

Stiles

Any proper recommendations on the best webasto heater for 12v offroader?

AirheadNut

AirheadNut

Don't know if you're still looking, but the Thermo Top C is the one that seems most readily available. They were fitted as standard in some diesel vehicles in Northern Europe, and can be found used on eBay for a quarter of the normal cost. Those ones were CAN-bus controlled, there is someone in Hungary who makes new control boards for them to run with a simple on/off switch or a remote control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom