HD Signal Loss (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ToyotaTrk

SILVER Star
Threads
Can anyone tell me how to refresh the HD signal? This is the 3rd trip - long haul - and after about 4-7 hours, I loose the HD signal and the ability to check weather and get traffic. On the road now, west of Tallahassee from SC and lost signal a little N of Jacksonville..... Tks.

Sounds normal. The HD signal for weather and traffic comes through HD FM radio and coverage is sporadic. On a route I frequent in southern Michigan, I can pick up the signal only about 20% of 100 miles trip.

I thought that data came from SiriusXM? It does in my '15, maybe it changed? I don't have a subscription so I get nuthin'

The traffic/weather data is supplied by Clearchannel/iHeartradio via HD. You'll only get data in or near major metro areas that have a iHeart radio station. Data comes from TotalTraffic

Woo-hoo - 101st post. What do I win?

I thought that data came from SiriusXM? It does in my '15, maybe it changed? I don't have a subscription so I get nuthin'

Weather and Traffic data on my 2013LC does come through SiriusXM with a subscription.

No XM radio reception - no weather or traffic.

No separate Weather and Traffic subscriptions through SiriusXM - no weather or traffic.

My stand alone Garmin GPS receives traffic info via FM broadcast, but that's an entirely different system.

HTH

Weather and Traffic data on my 2013LC does come through SiriusXM with a subscription.

No XM radio reception - no weather or traffic.

No separate Weather and Traffic subscriptions through SiriusXM - no weather or traffic.

My stand alone Garmin GPS receives traffic info via FM broadcast, but that's an entirely different system.

HTH
The LX apparently uses HD info. I assumed (incorrectly) that the LC was the same.

"

Options shown
HD TRAFFIC & WEATHER
WHEN CONDITIONS CHANGE, YOUR PLANS DON’T HAVE TO.
Get up-to-date information on road congestion and changing weather conditions with an industry-first subscription-free traffic and weather service via standard HD Radio.™*

On my '17 LC, which I assume is the same as the OP's '18, traffic and weather come in through FM HD stations. Sirius/XM is not required. As @ceb noted, those stations are only in major metro areas. These features are available on Toyotas with Entune Premium JBL Audio with Integrated Navigation, which our late model LCs do have. There may also be other ways for the navigation system to get traffic info, the manual is a bit vague on that.

HD traffic data seems to more up to date than the Sirius/XM data. as the HD data is refreshed every 10 to 15 minutes.

The traffic/weather data is supplied by Clearchannel/iHeartradio via HD. You'll only get data in or near major metro areas that have a iHeart radio station. Data comes from TotalTraffic

Woo-hoo - 101st post. What do I win?
One of these........:cheers:

thanks all. thought hd broadcast was everywhere - like regular stations. drag....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom