HD Recovery points after ARB bumper (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yep, primary use is for acceptable front end protection from brush etc and animal strikes along with a strong winch mount. I had a TJM bumper on an earlier truck that was made of the same material/thickness as the ARB and hit a deer one night. Killed the deer and didn't leave a mark on the bumper.

Again, they're not the best option for rockcrawling or heavy impacts but they are still good for what they are designed for. All that said, I spent a lot of time in the rocks and all kinds of trails in an 80 with an ARB bumper for 16+ years. It took some good abuse, but I sold it last year in favor of my current bumper.

IMG_0921 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr
Do u have more info on your bumper chop?

Do u have more info on your bumper chop?
Started out as a Deluxe winch bar. Lower skirt was all removed, and front winch brackets were all removed for a smooth front. Rebuilt the bottom surface after the skirt was removed. Added a winch plate between the frame rails Definitely helped with clearance. Didn't get hung up on obstacles nearly as much as before the mods.
IMG_7499 by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

I ordered these in from Australia. The stock points are really just for tying down during transport.

Now that is funny. The ARB bumper points are recovery points but the stock ones are just for tying down during transportation.

I put o e on my 62, buggy rolled backwards into my arb at like 25 miles an hour. Lost his brakes and when the car Ed buggy got on too steep an incline was stalling. Rolled over 100 ft. The bumper stopped him. On my 94 a idiot merged in turnpike traffic at 20 25 miles an hour. Speed limit 75, soft brakes did no lock up. Pushed their bumper into the rear window. The alignment was not even off. Driving it still moved up about 1 inch on left side of arb. Frame not affected. The arb is very stout and protects your vehicle.

I added external recovery points over the weekend to my ARB bumper. Mixed reviews using the ARB bumper eyelets. Grade 8 bolts, 1/4 inch backing plates. Took longer to drill the holes than it did to mount these. Primed the new openings before mounting. $110 all in.

b4 install.jpg

recovery close up.jpg

Recover point.jpg

recovery full 1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom