Haynes manual for BJ60? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
does Haynes do a manual for an '83 BJ60? i noticed they have one that lists teh HJ60.

i really don't want to spend the $$$ on a factory manual, and have managed to get by with Haynes with other vehicles.

The FSM is about $50 (I think)...and I know those are available fairly easily for sure. Not sure about Haynes, but the Max Ellery ones are about the same price as the FSM...if I had to choose between the two, I would go with FSM.

You can download the manual from birfield.com for free.
I downloaded the 3b manual and the 1986 fsm burned it to cd and it is great.
You can print the pages you need then when they get all grimey just huckem out. The only thing I don't have is a detailed wiring diagram and like I said before it was all free. Save the money and buy some cool cruiser crap.
I ran those numbers you gave me at the dealer today and my shocks will be here monday thanks a bunch. My total only came to $155 so beg for a better discount at peace arch.

Cheers

Challis

i got my FSM at toyota for 40$, then about 6mos later they had them on sale for like $25!

call your local stealer, or try egay! they are cheap if you look.

hth
crusty

Stone said:
The FSM is about $50 (I think)...and I know those are available fairly easily for sure. Not sure about Haynes, but the Max Ellery ones are about the same price as the FSM...if I had to choose between the two, I would go with FSM.
the max and the haines are not worth the tree they took down to print them.
pure waste of energy.
FSM is the only way to go...

thanks for all the replies

ill check out birfield.com for sure

does the $50 FSM cover the whole vehicle, or just the engine?

there is 2 parts, the chassis manual and the engine manual. you need to purchase each seperately...
cheers

I have both the Haynes and FSM'S.....can't beat the FSM.....the only thing I like about the haynes is pics and quick referance for torques..but that is about it . I have a 85 FSM chassis manual and a 3b engine man....but my truck is a 88 fj62 originally and it has been converted to a BJ62 so I use the haynes for wiring work and fsm for chassis and engine work with the occasional cross reference for wiring.
Daryl

I paid 40 for my 84 FSM, also I got other manuals from the PO,

how does these guys get away with charging this price?

http://store.4wheelauto.com/index.php?cat_id=39&catname='Manuals'

is that price a display of the availibilty of the manuals nowadays?????

here a better link

http://www.store.4wheelauto.com/index.php?cat_id=39&catname='Manuals

I have just about all of them.. Haynes, Max, chilton, I even have a french manual for the BJ and HJ and the only thing I EVER open is the Factory manual. LOL some of you guys might disagree with that though :ban:

i'm having a hell of a time downloading (for off-line viewing) what i need from birfield.com. i keep getting timeouts, even with ADSL.

all i need right now is the low-res chassis manual for an '83 BJ60. not sure if i should have the one on the birfield site for an '80 or the '84 manual.

either way, is it possible for someone to email it to me?

iceneweb said:
i'm having a hell of a time downloading (for off-line viewing) what i need from birfield.com. i keep getting timeouts, even with ADSL.

all i need right now is the low-res chassis manual for an '83 BJ60. not sure if i should have the one on the birfield site for an '80 or the '84 manual.

either way, is it possible for someone to email it to me?

Its way to big to email maybe some sort of filesharing program?
I could snail mail it to you.

thanks silver, i might take you up on the snail-mail offer in the near future, but for now:

i discovered the index feature of PDF, and also the HTML versions of these files so i should be able to get what i need from them, for now.

thanks for all the replies, guys

the cruiser community rocks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom