Having a hard time removing PHH!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.bww.com
I managed to remove the sardine can clamp, but the one closest to the block is a pain to take off. How did you guys do it? I've read Slee's guide and read through the FAQ. Did I miss something?

Any suggestions on helpful tools or advice would be really good right now. I can't stand seeing my rig just sitting in the garage.

Here's a picture of what I'm referring to.
hose_2.jpg

Dremel flex disk cut?

I've never done the PHH but it looks like that's one of those squeeze together clamps. You're going to want pliars that you can lock in place, then squeeze the two tabs together and lock it, finally use a screw driver to pry around it or just wiggle with the pliars until you can move it off.

If the clamp is facing that direction as mine was, you will have to cut it. A flex attachment isn't necesary if you remove the starter......

Pliers are nearly impossible to employ in that space....

Definitely dremel. I've used the flexible head cutting wheel on it and just a stone. Both are effective. I also found that cutting the hose with a utility knife is the quickest way to remove the dead hose.

So time to go to sears again. Any specific type of dremel? I'm not familiar with them at all.

Did mine last weekend, after cussin up a storm we stuck a long straight blade screw driver under the cut hose being careful not to dent the block end and managed to turn the hose enough to be able to get needle nose vise grips on the clamp, squeezed it and the rest was history.

Im just impressed you got that good of a picture of the back of your motor. Have been avoiding mine I know its due just need to find the time. Not really just dont wan't to tackle it and have been prayin it dosen't blow out in the dirt.

Harper, that motor is not mine. It's from Slee's website, the body is off that's why you can see it like that. I wish it was that easy.

So no one can recommend pliers that has a bend to them.

got a set of needle nose pliers from Costco, something like 10 for $20, including some very long ones with bent nose. Don't know if they would work though.

Any long pliers wouldn't fit in the limited space.

I feel like I should design some.

I'm local and have the dremel with a flex attachment if you need to borrow it.

I busted a couple knuckles trying to get that inner clamp off. Then I pulled out the dremel and it took about 20 seconds to remove the whole thing. Don't mess around... remove the starter, tranny dipstick and cut it.

Aww man I just bought it online at Sears.com. I'm set to pick it up tomorrow. Thanks for the offer anyway, but I'll need one for my self.

just get in there with pliars and knife and cut and tear and twist til you get the damn thing off. man i hate that thing.

Peepers I did that and all I have at the moment are bloody knuckles.

I locked onto that clamp with some needle-nose pliers and basically just pulled it apart. Destroyed the clamp basically.

i just used needle nose pliers and twisted the crap out of it till it broke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom