Have you seen this wheel spacer set up? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
purchased an 87 runner with a SAS, since i'm pretty new to Toyota's, I was getting to know my truck, pulling stuff apart, inspecting etc. The space measures 3/4 of an inch. It was my understanding that I needed 1.5 inch on each side to be even with the later/IFS rear end. The axles look dead on width wise. PO states this was an All-pro SAS kit like 5 years ago....do you any off recognize this set up?
photo (3).jpg

the reason behind a spacer is not to match the rear. the ifs frame is wider at the front than the earlier frame. therefore, extra width is needed so the tires dont rub the frame when your a flexing.

and no i dont recognize that spacer as there is never any insignia branded on them. at least all the ones i install. and it appears there ane no holes in it to attach it to the existing studs. so i wonder what the heck you got there

agreed, I'm not sure how it attaches, or even how to remove it.

Its an all pro spacer from about 5-10 years ago. I believe they discontinued them as the 1.5" spacers are cheaper, and easier to install.

If I remember correctly, they are held on by the longer wheel studs. You would need to pull the hub off to change them.

PM me if your considering selling them. They would work very well on my land cruiser.

thanks for the info, from my research, this is a SFA(solid front axle) hub and not and IFS hub correct? But it looks like I have the latter vented rotors and break set up... either stock or FJ 60 I assuming.

thanks for the info, from my research, this is a SFA(solid front axle) hub and not and IFS hub correct? But it looks like I have the latter vented rotors and break set up... either stock or FJ 60 I assuming.

Yes, SFA hub. These came out long before someone figured out you can put IFS hubs on a SFA.

You probably have fj60 rotors, and IFS calipers. Again, very common as part of an All Pro SAS kit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom