Have you purchased this bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
There have been posts about these bumpers, I don't recall anyone doing much of a follow up on build quality, etc. I'd be concerned they can't even get the model name right.
FJ100 :rofl:

I think that's the Coastal bumper

I think that's the Coastal bumper
That definetly isn't the Coastal bumper.

These are the generic Chinese bumpers you can get from China for about $300 a piece FOB. If you get it, I can bet you'll get some corrosion issues down the line due to cheap paint/powdercoating, and some fitment/aligning issues where you're going to have to improvise. There was a guy down in Florida selling these same ones at the same price too.

YMMV with this piece. Could be as good as a Dobinsons, but thats a copied design of the Dobinsons rear with a ladder addition that I haven't seen before.

That definetly isn't the Coastal bumper.

These are the generic Chinese bumpers you can get from China for about $300 a piece FOB. If you get it, I can bet you'll get some corrosion issues down the line due to cheap paint/powdercoating, and some fitment/aligning issues where you're going to have to improvise. There was a guy down in Florida selling these same ones at the same price too.

YMMV with this piece. Could be as good as a Dobinsons, but thats a copied design of the Dobinsons rear with a ladder addition that I haven't seen before.
Snap, I remember reading something about this like 2 years ago. So I should low ball him?

From post #119

ffbd4add-22bc-4ebf-bd85-44cc5ecc3972-jpeg.2491435

Those would need to be incredibly thin to be this cheap. I wouldn't trust it for towing, recovery, etc.

Also not a fan of the look.

Damn I thought my rear bumper was ugly....

Those would need to be incredibly thin to be this cheap. I wouldn't trust it for towing, recovery, etc.

Also not a fan of the look.

I looked up the soflo and they look similar, the roof racks the same seller posted look the same and I saw the same front bumper for sale on alibaba today for around $400. Gonna hard pass on the chinese bumpers, even if they looked good - I, like all of you, am against slavery, child labor, organ harvesting, and all the other crimes against humanity China is famous for...

I looked up the soflo and they look similar, the roof racks the same seller posted look the same and I saw the same front bumper for sale on alibaba today for around $400. Gonna hard pass on the chinese bumpers, even if they looked good - I, like all of you, am against slavery, child labor, organ harvesting, and all the other crimes against humanity China is famous for...

Dang, I always try to buy American but I need to make some major life changes to avoid made in china products and do some serious soul searching after that comment!

Dobinsons has a similar rear bumper but much higher quality. Retails for 1850, got it for 1757 from Main Line Overland with a discount code

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom