Have you built an axle ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Does it matter if the pass. side tire is cambered out just a smidge ?

It drives fine , no scrubbing at full lock , smooth at speed , no DW , but when parked on driveway and viewing you would swear the pass. side front is , well , fawked up. DOH.

It appears I was just a hair, ( and I mean itsy little one) off on the inner C's and it didn't show until I got it all done , test drove , and put it on flat driveway , stood back and looked , kinda tilted my head and said ," wtf ?"

or is there something else that could cause this ?

pinion angle , catser , steering , tracking , turning , all good.

If you didn't set the preload or shims up correctly you may have tweaked a knuckle bearing. It took me a while to figure out a similar situation on mine. If not corrected tires will wear FAST, and your new axel seal is going to leak.

Axle could be bent from a prior impact. Had it happen to my 80 years back. Only way to fix it was to replace the axle tube.

If you can see it, it is probably way off, because the camber setting is about 1 degree, which is hard to eyeball. Take it to a shop and measure the camber. If it is only off 1-2 degrees, just weld a few beads around the half side of the axle tube that you want to shrink to bend it a bit. If it is 4 degrees or more, you might consider cutting and rewelding the C.

Well , I was getting tired of the ground hawgs anyway.
Maybe I'll just let Bill jump the dunes in it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom