Have Anyone used an early Sequoia Steel wheels 16X7 on 80 Series? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
1. Currently I ran 255/85/16 on my stock LX450 (16X8). I'm looking to use a 16X7 which is 1" Narrower.

2. I've also been told to use the spare of the early sequoia (2002-2004) but I don't know the spec of the spare. Does anyone know the spec of the spare rim of the sequoia?

Dave

I’d have to guess it’s a 17” wheel.
That’s what came on the Sequoia’s.
I’m running the 5-spoke Sequoia alloys.
With 35x11.5r17 tires.
Yes 11.5”, not 12.5”, wide tires
61639B55-FC9E-419D-BD3D-3478C4CE6388.jpeg

Very Nice! Actually, the early 2001-2004 are "16. The 80 series came with "16. I'm doing the Overland skinny tall.

d30SkaALRtWVfMKLm%RVMg.jpg

They are the same wheels that were also the spare on the tacoma six lug and tundra six lug. I just completed a set for my taco. You can find them listed as 16 hole 6 lug on car-part etc usually around 50 dollars a wheel. Also some Sequoias on lower end trims came with these steelies on all four wheels.

here are some of the wheel codes that might help you:
J 16x7jj dot cmc 302 hm18

J 16x7jj dot cmc 1102 hm6

J 16x7jj dot cmc 1100 hm9

J 16x7jj dot cmc 1100 hm30

Hope that helps you get your hands on some.

Are you running spacers too with those wheels?

Yes. 1.5” Spidertrax wheel spacers from Slee.
The offset of those wheels, with 1.5” spacers, & an 11.5” tire brought the combo right back to stock specs for width.

They are the same wheels that were also the spare on the tacoma six lug and tundra six lug. I just completed a set for my taco. You can find them listed as 16 hole 6 lug on car-part etc usually around 50 dollars a wheel. Also some Sequoias on lower end trims came with these steelies on all four wheels.

here are some of the wheel codes that might help you:
J 16x7jj dot cmc 302 hm18

J 16x7jj dot cmc 1102 hm6

J 16x7jj dot cmc 1100 hm9

J 16x7jj dot cmc 1100 hm30

Hope that helps you get your hands on some.
I found some wheels, these with 15mm offset. Do you have to use spacers?

I am about to mount them on my taco but if I get time I will try to put one on the 80 and see how it sits. I don't like spacers personally so my idea to get 5 more and put on my 80 also may die of that is required.

Not a great picture of the wheel but just enough to let you know what spare wheels i am talking about.

20190419_140245.jpg

The one I found came off early Sequoia with 15mm offset. Yes, I agree about using spacers. I prefer not. I wonder if the spares of the Sequoia is the same size on the truck. That would be great if you can test on the 80 to see if it clear the calipers.Very much Appreciated!

i run these steel wheels on my truck with 255 85 16 cooper st maxx and no spacers. wheels inset more than the stock alloys but I'm totally fine with that. have run them for 4 years with out any issues.
IMG_3527.jpg

i run these steel wheels on my truck with 255 85 16 cooper st maxx and no spacers. wheels inset more than the stock alloys but I'm totally fine with that. have run them for 4 years with out any issues.

Can you clarify if those are the early gen sequoia wheels he's asking about in the beginning or other yota take offs?

got them off eBay years ago. can't remember if they are the tacoma-4runner steel wheels or the tundra steel wheels.
they are 16x7 and if they are the tacoma-4runner wheels (which inset even more than the tundra i believe) they still work without spacers.

I have four of them.two from Tacomas and one from a tundra and one from a Sequoia.
They are all the same. One of them was my spare on my Tacoma and I hated my taco alloys so I am replacing with these. I like the look and have been considering going this way on my 80 also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom