Have a chance to buy a 1970,s fj40 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi, I'm new to the forums and was hoping to get some advice and info , I have a chance to buy a 1970,s (not sure the exact year yet).

My friends Father is in Portugal visiting relatives and one of his relatives has a 1970,s fj40 with diesel engine , they were working on it about 20 years ago and it has been in storage(Dry climate) not sure how long it has been sitting but engine was rebuilt and body im told has no major rust issues ( if it is a portugal one most dont get much rust) the fj is completely dis-assembled , all the parts are there, its not listed for sale but he was looking to get 3800 euros ($4900 US) from my friends father.

I'm looking at about $2000 to bring it to Canada, any advice on if it worth taking a chance on this, not sure what these go for in this condition, Any help would be much appreciated.
i will post pics as soon as i get them

Yah thats way too much work and expenses to get a really unknow rig all the way up here. Look for something closer to home that you can put eyes and hands on.

I'd agree with the others. Too much for an unknown vehicle.
And just an fyi, the diesel engine designation would be bj, the fj designation is for the gas engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom