Have a 72 FJ40 I am building. I am looking for new tires to fit my welded 15" wheels. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have been looking at the Firestone Destination XT in a 31x10.5x15 but have concerns about road noise. I also looked at the A/T and A/T2. The A/T2 seems to be better for what I am doing but only comes in a 235/75r 15 or 28". Most use will be town and local highway driving with an occasional venture into the mountains. No hard rockin or rough bumpin. Does anyone have an opinion on pros or cons on the XT, A/T or A/T2? I would have like to be closer to a 31 rather than 28.

Maybe need to look at other brands that fit the size you're looking for and then decide which has the price/features that fit you best.

Maybe need to look at other brands that fit the size you're looking for and then decide which has the price/features that fit you best.
Hi Byron, I have been looking at other brands in the 31 size but most review as either noisy or high wear. Do you have an opinion as to whether 29" vs 31" would make that much difference give my intended use?

Hi Byron, I have been looking at other brands in the 31 size but most review as either noisy or high wear. Do you have an opinion as to whether 29" vs 31" would make that much difference give my intended use?

Shorter tire equals higher RPM. I've been running 33" tires with stock engine and SBC over the years. You're looking at 31" tires so I simply suggest looking at what is available in that size.

I am running 31 bfg muds and I like them also 15 inch rims and you get a bit of rubber overdrive

8A491E27-F1CD-44B9-99BA-F015EFA60819.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom