Hates His Cruiser??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.brucespipeshop.com
Had a very nice guy come in the shop yesterday after getting out of his blue FJC. When he came in we were trying to get a pipe like he wanted and during the process I started asking about his car...he HATES his FJC! Says it gets bad gas mileage and he has to run high test...says it's killing him!

For the record I LOVE mine!!! Gas mileage so far around 19.5 mpg...fun to drive...runs on mid grade gas just fine.

Questions: what would be the result of running on 87 octane?

You can run regular octane and be just fine. Toyota even came out and said so. There is a memo/FSB from Toyota on the Blue Forum stating.

I've always run regular octane and it works great.

On the mileage - drive very conservatively and I will get around 18 mpg - thats lifted and carrying gear. If I drive faster mileage goes down quick to around 13.

My biggest problem was seeing out the back.

As others have said, 87 is fine. The computer will just compensate by not advancing the timing as much, and few other things. You won't be getting peak power, but you probably won't notice that much of a power difference.

The 100 is supposed to run on premium as well but I run 87 only. A few on the 100 forum have made what I think is a good point: In other countries, our "regular" would be top notch. I don't know if that's true, but I haven't had any problems and don't plan on changing anytime soon. And, I agree with Juice. The only problem I've had with the FJC is visability. Otherwise, what a cool truck?!!

I run regular as well, and noticed the power and milage drop but nothing too bad IMO. The visibility took some getting used to for me as well but after I threw some of those little round blind spot morrors on the side mirrors and about a month of driving, I feel pretty comfortable in there.

Oh and my crusier is by far my favorite vehical have ever owned.

-Boot

Try driving a Chrysler Pacifica. My wife bought one. Rear visibility is 0. I hate that thing.

While we are on dislikes of the FJC. lol

My only complaint is it's suck as far as being able to see what your front tire is doing. The door is so thick and high. Even on the 80 it sits you up high enough where you can lean out the window. Also the visibility over the hood is poor. Every time I drove it I felt as if I was driving from the back seat. Other than that I think it was a sweet vehicle. Not a 40 but still sweet and perfect for it's timing. Had it not come out I probably wouldn't have met a lot of you. That is one thing I can say about the people I have met who own them they are some of the nicest people and have been really good friends.

I'm still hoping Toyota will come out with a new Cruiser soon. I'd be the first in line if they came out with a new 40. Something that the top comes off of and had a solid front axle.

I'm still hoping Toyota will come out with a new Cruiser soon. I'd be the first in line if they came out with a new 40. Something that the top comes off of and had a solid front axle.

Now you're talkin! I'd have two cruisers for sale in a heartbeat when that happens!

Now you're talkin! I'd have two cruisers for sale in a heartbeat when that happens!

Naww...you'd have three cruisers.

87 octane?!?!? That stuff is crap! I dont run anything less than 89, and only that on occasion. Premium fuel burns hotter and cleaner; better gas mileage and more power. If you run cheap gas for long it will cause spark knock and sound and run like crap. I wont even by the gas that has ethanol in it. It really does pay for itself in the end. Nothing but the best for all my vehicles, especially my Cruiser! I dont understand why people, especially those who love their cars, use the cheap stuff.

By the way, to the guy who "hates his cruiser", I have an idea for you: sell it and go buy a Jeep if you cant hang with the big dawgs!!! Or better yet by a prius if gas mileage is what you are worried about! Who buys a cruiser and then complains about gas mileage!!!???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom