Has Toyota invented a new diesel injection system? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Probably a turbo V6 that they desperately need to release if they are going to stay relevant.
Apparently the 300 series loses the 1VD 😭 for a V6 diesel, wonder if this is it?

I suspect we'll see a fairly universal platform for 1/2 ton Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Hiilux, and 300 series that will have an engine bay designed for a V6 engine. For a while I thought it might only be gas but there seems to still be a demand worldwide for an oil burner too. Both will be hybrid ready, I think, and will return impressive power and economy numbers. People here will have concerns about complexity, reliability and field maintainability.

I suspect we'll see a fairly universal platform for 1/2 ton Tundra, Sequoia, Tacoma, Hiilux, and 300 series that will have an engine bay designed for a V6 engine. For a while I thought it might only be gas but there seems to still be a demand worldwide for an oil burner too. Both will be hybrid ready, I think, and will return impressive power and economy numbers. People here will have concerns about complexity, reliability and field maintainability.

2021 is the last year for V8 tundra. Lots of changes ahead for the Tundra for sure, some of which are shared with even Tacoma.

No mention of diesel though as far as truck segment.

Still wonder why it is US patent.

2021 is the last year for V8 tundra. Lots of changes ahead for the Tundra for sure, some of which are shared with even Tacoma.

That’s what I was wondering too.

It’ll be interesting to see more fuel efficient options. Probably one of the biggest turnoffs to Toyota’s truck lineup is the bad gas mileage.

Diesel will probably disappear in a decade from western countries. Apart from good fuel consumption , most of the other goods things like simplicity, being water proof and longevity have all disappeared. To get them to perform like petrol engines of the same size they need a plethora of electronics and fancy injection systems.
Tesla and their competitors make huge strides every year. A 400klm range with 30 minute recharges would suit me.

Diesel will probably disappear in a decade from western countries. Apart from good fuel consumption , most of the other goods things like simplicity, being water proof and longevity have all disappeared. To get them to perform like petrol engines of the same size they need a plethora of electronics and fancy injection systems.
Tesla and their competitors make huge strides every year. A 400klm range with 30 minute recharges would suit me.

Diesel will remain for the big transport trucks though I think. Unless electrical energy storage density improves by an order of magnitude....which it might in 10 years.

Diesel will remain for the big transport trucks though I think. Unless electrical energy storage density improves by an order of magnitude....which it might in 10 years.

If you're smart (which I think our Aussie mates are) you don't follow California politics. California is proposing to ban the sale of diesel trucks by 2035 I think. Whether the technology is there or not or whether the electrical generation/distribution capacity is there or not.

I doubt any politician has sat down and done the math to understand how many gigawatts of generation/distribution are needed to replace the energy in the diesel burned right now.

Even if storage and motor tech is there I don't see how generation/distribution is.

If you're smart (which I think our Aussie mates are) you don't follow California politics. California is proposing to ban the sale of diesel trucks by 2035 I think. Whether the technology is there or not or whether the electrical generation/distribution capacity is there or not.

I doubt any politician has sat down and done the math to understand how many gigawatts of generation/distribution are needed to replace the energy in the diesel burned right now.

Even if storage and motor tech is there I don't see how generation/distribution is.
It might come as a surprise but Cali’s diesel ban is causing some excitement amoung resourse based economies like Alberta. We’ll sell more hydrogen than we would have sold diesel and we’ll make it from natural gas and perhaps from “ Hygienic earth energy” by then

It is a lot easier to get a US patent than any other country. The USA takes the "grant it and let the courts sort it out" approach. Where other countries will just straight up decline.

Diesel will remain for the big transport trucks though I think

It depends on their route. I cant see road trains that do the Sydney to Perth run swapping over to battery power. But the ones who do regular routes delivering from warehouse to supermarkets and then go back to recharge at night for the next day being the most likely candidates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom