Has Toyota ever offered financing deals on 4runners? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious. I'm going to buy a new '14 or '15 trail edition in the next month or two. I'd wait until December if there's going to be a better deal, but I don't remember ever having seen a discount on 4runners or financing deals. Should I wait until December? or just buy one now? Thanksgiving is a convenient time for me to buy as Ill be in Montana and I'm going to buy there... no sales tax.

Bought a 14 Runner SR5 with a Toyota 0% loan for 36 months in June. So they do offer deals

They run deals on financing in my area. Won't you have to pay tax where it's registered?

No. I'll register it in Montana for a year. Then I don't have to pay sales tax when I move the registration to Utah. I did the same with my current 4runner. The alternative is to set up an LLC for $25 that only has the car as an asset. That's what most people do with RVs and airplanes. Sales tax on a $200,000 RV would be enormous. That's why you see so many RVs with Montana plates. Montana tacitly supports it and other states can't do a damned thing about it - a few have tried. For me it's $3,000 difference, so it's kind of a no-brainer since I have a mailing address in Montana and I'm there a few times a year anyway.

I got 1.9% for 60 on my 2011. Not sure thats a deal but I was happy with it.

I ended up financing privately for about 2% for 60. Good enough I suppose. Paid $37,800 out the door for a
'15 Trail Premium with the premium sound, KDSS, and floor mats. Seemed like a pretty fair price. I wanted a trail base plus katskins, but the one I wanted sold before I got a deposit on it - and I wanted white, so trail premium it was.

1617868_4849614615313_9034419585790683172_o.jpg

Congrats on the new ride...first order of business is new tires...I waited until 14 k to get rid of them...sell them while they're new.

On my way to the tire shop today. I have a nearly new set of Goodyear Wrangler AT/S from my old 4runner that I'm going to put on. I've got them on FJ cruiser 17" wheels, but I think I'm going to keep the trail wheels with these for street tires, then maybe look for a set of bigger mud tires for the FJ wheels.

The stock tires seem OK from how far I've driven them. Was there something you didn't like other than the street tread?

On my way to the tire shop today. I have a nearly new set of Goodyear Wrangler AT/S from my old 4runner that I'm going to put on. I've got them on FJ cruiser 17" wheels, but I think I'm going to keep the trail wheels with these for street tires, then maybe look for a set of bigger mud tires for the FJ wheels.

The stock tires seem OK from how far I've driven them. Was there something you didn't like other than the street tread?

Very squirmy was my biggest complaint.

I commute about 90 miles round trip daily on a windy road (usually about 70mph)...always had that feeling of "riding on a ball", and never really sure footed. I put the 265/70/17 Bridgestone Revo II A/T's load E range on the truck, and love the way they handle. The shot in the ass for gas mileage was minimal, and well worth it. I go everywhere everyone else does, and sometimes places they don't. The other single best mod right out of the gate are Airlift 1000 airbags if you're planning on towing. I just rerouted may airlines on the inside corners of the hatch (a classic Antman mod) and it really worked good.

Did your model come with the bridgestones or the Dunlop (goodyear) tires? Mine had the Dunlop Grandtrek tires. I thought they drove very nicely, were quiet, and felt pretty planted. - And my first trip was -20* and icy. Gripped OK. I just wanted a more all terrain tire than a pure street tread. I'm mostly curious because I have another set of wheels so I could keep them an some other wheels as a backup set. Otherwise I'll sell them and maybe get a set of baby Iroks for the other wheels since they are cheap and would be about ideal for moab weekends if I can live with the road manners for the 4 hour drive down there.

I have airbags on my 96 - and have been happy with them when loaded, but not super impressed unloaded. To me they fell to linear - almost jarring - as the spring rate increases on the big bumps. To me it would be ideal to have more like a 1/2" valve that could be left open so when you're unloaded there's no effect, then loaded you could add air and firm up the rear. I've put way more than I ever should in the back of my old 4runner - I carried home 30 80lbs sacks of concrete once. Another time I towed a big tracked skid steer on a trailer - way too heavy for a 4runner -not a great idea, but the airbags sure helped a lot. So I've generally been more positive than negative, but I'm not sure about this rig yet.

I haven't carried enough weight to even know how this one does yet. Any idea if the trail spring rates are the same as the SR5?

Did your model come with the bridgestones or the Dunlop (goodyear) tires? Mine had the Dunlop Grandtrek tires. I thought they drove very nicely, were quiet, and felt pretty planted. - And my first trip was -20* and icy. Gripped OK. I just wanted a more all terrain tire than a pure street tread. I'm mostly curious because I have another set of wheels so I could keep them an some other wheels as a backup set. Otherwise I'll sell them and maybe get a set of baby Iroks for the other wheels since they are cheap and would be about ideal for moab weekends if I can live with the road manners for the 4 hour drive down there.

I have airbags on my 96 - and have been happy with them when loaded, but not super impressed unloaded. To me they fell to linear - almost jarring - as the spring rate increases on the big bumps. To me it would be ideal to have more like a 1/2" valve that could be left open so when you're unloaded there's no effect, then loaded you could add air and firm up the rear. I've put way more than I ever should in the back of my old 4runner - I carried home 30 80lbs sacks of concrete once. Another time I towed a big tracked skid steer on a trailer - way too heavy for a 4runner -not a great idea, but the airbags sure helped a lot. So I've generally been more positive than negative, but I'm not sure about this rig yet.

I haven't carried enough weight to even know how this one does yet. Any idea if the trail spring rates are the same as the SR5?

I had the Dunflops. Traction (on road) was never an issue...but I'm much happier with Revos.

I just rerouted my aigbag fill nozzled to the bumper...right at the hatch corners. I originally had them under the bumper, which in hindsight wasn't a great location. There in a much better place now. I'll take a pic if it will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom