Has toyota changed the oil filter type? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I read on the 80s cool page that toyota now has changed the oil filter types.

"And just to add another twist........
90915-20004 and 90915-YZZB5 have now been discontinued and replaced by
90915-YZZD3 "Made in Thailand".....Ugh"
"Toyota's description of the new filter:
Pleated-type filtration media design.
Pressure relief valve- spring design mounted in the top of the element
guide (similar to 90915-20004), not combined with check valve like
90915-YZZB5.

Anti Drain-back valve

O-ring style gasket

It actually LOOKS like a decent filter, it even has the pre-lubed
shrink-wrapped gasket. Haven't had a chance to open one up and look at the
inside yet."

So what filter do i get next time i'm at the dealer? ???

90915-YZZD3 "Made in Thailand".....Ugh"

What do you mean by Ugh :mad:

We make some very good products out here. That's the reason why TOY has selected Thailand long time ago. We are the next tiger country. So please refrain from such statements :-X

Mike

that wasn't me! :eek: I was just quoting what was said. No harm ment! :whoops:

Yes, it's changed as you just read on the 80's list. :doh:

Hey Asia, I'm good friends with the person that made the comment and it sounds like you took it out of context. He's referring to yet another product not made in Japan. Has nothing to do with where it will be made. So don't read something into it that I don't believe is there :mad:
sauer038.gif

o.k. so junk will you please tell me the part # for the filter i need. I guess its the -YZZD3. 95 fzj80 u.s. spec. I'll write it down so i won't have to ask again. And i can hagle the parts guy for the filter i want not what he says will work just as good.

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=9154;start=msg79618#msg79618 date=1072211846]
o.k. so junk will you please tell me the part # for the filter i need. I guess its the -YZZD3. 95 fzj80 u.s. spec. I'll write it down so i won't have to ask again. And i can hagle the parts guy for the filter i want not what he says will work just as good.
[/quote]

Don't you think there might be some dealers that have the old filters still in stock if you like them more ??? I know that C&#039:Dan will stock the old one's.

Please don't put all my statements on a scale :D :D :D

Mike

Concrete - yes, the YZZD3. Personally, I have about 20 of the 20004's in the garage, so will be using them. :D

Asia - no worries dude, but I just want to make sure you didn't think the author of that comment was bashing your nation. I'll bash your momma but not your country. :flipoff2: :D

Asia,
Peace, Love, and nuke the whales :cheers:.

Actually i just bought the last one he had in stock last week. So i was curious what i should go in there and ask for. THe parts guy thinks that everyone is stupid and he takes my questions with a grain of salt. He thinks lifts are stupid, superchargers are stupid, roof racks are stupid. . ... So if i go in there and say this is the oil filter i want, and if you don't have any then order some! :flipoff2:

[quote author=concretejungle link=board=2;threadid=9154;start=msg79628#msg79628 date=1072212734]
THe parts guy thinks that everyone is stupid and he takes my questions with a grain of salt. He thinks lifts are stupid, superchargers are stupid, roof racks are stupid. . ...
[/quote]

cj, you need a mail order parts dealer...abCD :D
He wont think you are stupid, he knows you are :flipoff2:

[quote author=landtoy80 link=board=2;threadid=9154;start=msg79783#msg79783 date=1072235636]
We need to go to the Vox Populi forum layout [/quote]
:slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :slap: :flipoff2: :D

I don't have the quantity that Junk has, but sounds like he could make a few bucks selling them at a premium! :flipoff2:

Not to hijack a thread, but.... :flipoff2:

When I was a sophmore in college taking an econ class, I found out they didn't order enough books. So I bought the 10 they had left (about that number). First day of class when folks started to gripe they couldn't get the book, the prof looked at a bulletin board and noticed I was selling mine for twice the price they were in the bookstore. :whoops: I got called to the dean's office, who knew me and my dad (since he worked on campus) and he read me the riot act. I told him it was a business class and therefore deserved an A for my smarts. :eek: Short version of the story is it didn't quite work out that way. :whoops: :flipoff2:

BTW, they were all spoiled rich kids, so don't bother feeling sorry for them.

Economics always boils down to supply and demand! Then somebody has to step in because it isn't fair. Hope you decided not to sell them at all. It's not like you were forcing them to buy your books. Probably had more to do with you capitalizing on some dumbass number crunchers mistake and he was embarrassed!

Wouldn't have worked for me Junk...

I never bought any books for my college classes.

Graduated with a BS in Zoology....guess what the BS stands for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom