Has to be an easier way (roof rack) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ElPolloBlanco

SILVER Star
Threads
Website
instagram.com
I'm in the process of getting all the body holes welded up because I'm not just going to use tape to cover the holes. I have the roof rack off and all the nutserts out of the roof in the rear. I'm looking at it and all of the forward nutserts are behind/above the drip thing for the sun roof. Do I really have to take out the whole thing just to get in there to pull them and back the holes so I can weld them. I was thinking I could just pull the glass and reach in there to do it. The sunroof removal/install looks like a huge PITA in the FSM. Any ideas from the gallery?

pull the head liner, leave the nutsert weld the hole shut, grind and putty to match..
Guess I should have noted that one of the nutserts pulled out with the rack up front so there is a hole in the roof for sure. I'm still going to have to get in there either way. I'm thinking about pulling the glass and seeing if there is enough space to get in there to do what I need to do without pulling the rails and all that other crap. Other than that I'd totally be on board.

its not too hard to take the whole thing out, like 10 bolts around the perimeter and a wire harness. Just prop it up with something so you can handle it when the bolts let go, it is awkward by yourself but doable.

that's assuming you have the headliner out, that is more work than the sunroof.

Late model headliners are one piece and extremely easy to work with compared to earlier 80 headliners.

Headliner is out, talking about the sunroof assembly. @jeffro109 I'm going to look into that. If I can drop the whole thing as one I'm going that route. I got an extra set of hands to help me if I need it.

I know this is a bit old, but I am dealing with this right now. Really easy to remove the sunroof assembly, I just took a couple 2x4's and opened the windows, used them to prop the sunroof assembly when I took it out and lowered it out of the way easily. I kept the glass closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom