Has or does Toyota ever re-run genuine spare parts for out of production vehicles like 80's, etc. that have gone out of stock in warehouses? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
ie. say a particular part goes out of stock and there are none left in any Toyota warehouses (not so much with the genuine parts dealers like Amayama, etc.) because a choice was made to no longer produce the part, then down the track demand for the part becomes such that Toyota re-considers the matter and puts the spare part back into production for enough of a run to (a) meet projected future demand and (b) be cost-effective and viable to permit target vehicle(s) to have more usable life?

I realise there's a large measure of society and governmental push and shove with everything to do with motor vehicles. The Covid plandemic has had a profound effect on the used vehicle market esp here in Oz where values of used vehicles have probably doubled or tripled in just 2 years. That makes everything attract higher intrinsic value including genuine spare parts.

The other burning question - places like Amayama, Megazip, Partsouq etc seem to never all have quite the same inventory when searching for parts availability so I wonder if, or how much, they have access to directly 'tap in' to Toyota's own spare parts inventories around the world?

We are a looooooong ways away from the 80 joining the fledgling T Heritage Parts program based on what I’m hearing here (if ever).

Last edited:
We are a looooooong ways away from the 80 joining the fledgling T Heritage Parts program based on what I’m hearing here (if ever).

Very interesting. I'm sure there are a lot of factors associated with this issue. I have never spoken to parts people at any Australian toyota dealership about parts that are 'out of production' or simply out of stock pending re-supply.

I sure wish Toyota would have a sub-manufacturer do a one-time run of unobtanium critical 80 parts like the 93/94 VAF. If nothing else just bless them as being built to spec.

Well for a good while i was not able to get a replacement OEM or aftermarket reservoir for my power steering. Then last week i was able to order one from partsouq. So something's may seem discontinued but if they are not marked as such, i would say there might be still hope.

I've found a few good scores between Amayama (which is supposedly the most closely aligned to Toyota itself) and Partsouq and Megazip. I will normally plug p/n's into all three as pricing also tends to vary a lot. Plus partsouq and megazip quote by default in USD whereas Amayama (when I'm logged in) gives me A$ prices. I note that the Toyota heritage parts program only covers bits for powering (ie motor and drivetrain), turning (steering) and stopping (brakes). No body, no elec. Some elec bits for 80's are very hard to get already.

I have been told (but have not confirmed) that every once in a while they do a run of 80 wiring harnesses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom