Has anyone used the Timbren rubber Load Springs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just curious if anyone has used these rubber load handling springs that install where the bump stops go and help with sway as well as handling heavy loads???? They seem to be a quick and cheap alternative to airbags at $130. They claim to increase yuor load capacity in the vehicle to 3000lbs.

Apparently they atatch to the bump stops and the axle preventing roll. So not just pressing down but pulling up or side to side provides some resistance also.

I have timbren on my work truck (95 Dodge Ram2500 4wd Diesel) for the past 7 years. They are a cheap and simple alternative to air bags or stiffer add-a-leaf springs. The timbren's do add some side to side stability. With no load on the truck bed; the timbren's have less the 1/2" clearance off of the rear axle. I usually have 1500# to 2000# of materials or a 300 gal. tank on the truck or am towing up to 10,000# of trailer weight. The timbren ride great with a load and can be a little harsh on expansion joints (bridges and interstate) when running empty. I can remove them off of the truck in less than 5 minutes by removing four bolts. If I towed a taller profile trailer or carried a slide in camper the timbrens would be replaced with air bags and a helwig sway bar for better adjustability and added stability control.

ToyBarn said:
I have timbren on my work truck (95 Dodge Ram2500 4wd Diesel) for the past 7 years. They are a cheap and simple alternative to air bags or stiffer add-a-leaf springs. The timbren's do add some side to side stability. With no load on the truck bed; the timbren's have less the 1/2" clearance off of the rear axle. I usually have 1500# to 2000# of materials or a 300 gal. tank on the truck or am towing up to 10,000# of trailer weight. The timbren ride great with a load and can be a little harsh on expansion joints (bridges and interstate) when running empty. I can remove them off of the truck in less than 5 minutes by removing four bolts. If I towed a taller profile trailer or carried a slide in camper the timbrens would be replaced with air bags and a helwig sway bar for better adjustability and added stability control.

Would you recommend them on a 100 series with OME that see occasional towing duty?

I ran airbags in the past and I did not like what happened when the springs unloaded and the air hoses got all jacked up.

wngrog said:
Would you recommend them on a 100 series with OME that see occasional towing duty?

I ran airbags in the past and I did not like what happened when the springs unloaded and the air hoses got all jacked up.

I think that is exactly what they are for.:)

Gene3x said:
I think that is exactly what they are for.:)
I think he was referring to ride quality unloaded. Not so much if they work towing. I would prefer not to use air bags myself.

Do regular airbags make the ride quality harsh?

Gene3x said:
Do regular airbags make the ride quality harsh?

No, especially if deflated. I just dont like the way the hoses run to them and how they pull loose when you flex out the coils,

I Have Them On My 99 Runner For Hauling A Tandem Cargo Trailer They Were Worth Every Penny...truck Sits Back Up Where It Belongs!

ohmboy said:
I Have Them On My 99 Runner For Hauling A Tandem Cargo Trailer They Were Worth Every Penny...truck Sits Back Up Where It Belongs!

If you have a digital pic that would be awesome.

I ordered mine and will have them on soon!

I just got my Timbrens today & they are much smaller & stiffer that they look in the picture. It will be awhile before I put them on. Won't start towing heavily until the weather warms.

Anybody out there have any newer experience with these Timbrens? I am in definite need of some help while towing my boat. I am constantly dropping to low mode on my AHC shocks. I was thinking stiffer springs, but I don't want to mess with the stock ride.

Thanks

Unfortunately Gene3x has been on since 01-09-07 so we are probably not going to find out how his went unless someone knows him and can get him back here for some photos and a report.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom