Has anyone used Custom EFIS for 350 conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about buying one of their TBI fuel injection kits.

I know there is a link to the Custom EIFS site on the Tech Section of IH8MUD, does anyone have any experience with Custom EIFS or know someone who does?

Thanks,
Dave

'87 FJ60

Another question for 350 owners, what is the best way to get fuel injection? Buy a kit from someone like Custom EFIS or try an piece together something from a wrecking yard?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Dave.

Buying a kit or using the GM would be based on your mechanical expertise. DON'T piece one together. Buy a complete set up from a junkyard or a stupid F-body owner switching to a carb, or, best option, buy a whole van or truck and take it off yourself.

I agree, getting a complete vehicle is the best. If you have ALOT more time than money and like lots of frustration (er..challenges) or are really handy, piece one together. CustomEFIS has the cheapest setup going that I have seen. I know he has done or is working on several 2F TBI setups for people. Maybe some one here has one?

Are you going TBI or MPI?

Thanks. I think I can get the TBI kit from Custom EFIS for around $1000 and he says it will work with my set up. I don't know how I would go about programming a junkyard computer, etc. since I am buying a new crate engine.

I was hoping someone could share their experience with Customer EFIS before I shell out $$$$ to someone I don't even know. Maybe I should just do a carb..

Thanks for the responses,
Dave.

Carbs suck. For $1000 you could get a truck with the same type of motor you have if you're going with a stockish crate, strip it of it's FI and maybe sell some of the other parts. No programming needed.

OTOH, somebody else doing all the work is worth a few bucks too.

[quote author=DJSH link=board=1;threadid=8510;start=msg72997#msg72997 date=1070923964]
since I am buying a new crate engine.

[/quote]

So,

Since you are getting a new crate engine, why not just go with one of these....

http://www.paceparts.com/product.asp?0=239&1=241&3=917

Poser -

I wish I had that kind of cash, but that is about 2x what I want to spend.

Who is the moderator for the tech section, perhaps they can give me their $.02 on Custom EFIS, or maybe they know who posted the information to the site...

BTW - Here is a link to http://www.customefis.com I'll post pictures of the project as I progress....

Thanks,
Dave.

Gumby -

Sorry, didn't catch you were the moderator. Thanks for your responses.

Dave.

Gumby -

Thanks for the search. I really want to be sure before I shell out the $$$$ that I will get paid. The stuff they sell looks great and if it works out I could be a big proponent for 350 conversions with TBI. I am a little suprised no one out there can comment on the viability of the shop.

Thanks again,
Dave.

Many of the people that I know who are running any EFI system on a V8, are using a pre existing set up, meaning that they did not have to go through a custom EFI shop in order to get that on thier engine. Perhaps that is why you have not heard anything out here about this. Have you tried Pirate, or any of the many other boards out there? I am sure that if you search enough, you will find someone to tell you want you want to hear. Otherwise, you could be like some of us chumps who just slap money down, and pray for the best!

Good luck!

-Steve

Poser -

I did search Pirate and found a mention of Custom EFIS, but just that they had a comprehensive site....

By the way, nice looking set up with your 350. I did not pull the tranny, just the 2F engine from my 60, I hope I am ok adding the Mark's Adapter kit and 350 with the tranny still intact.

I'll send pic's of my engine compart if you are interested...

Dave.

are you sure... they look really good installed and you will love the RUMBLE!

I have a kit on order from JW at Custom EFS for several months now, it is for my 77 fj40, he says that he has done a few now but I wonder what is taking him so long, I can give full reprt if you like if I get my kit soon,

Sethro

::HIJACK!!!::

Fred the monster:

Looks pretty sweet man! What do you have for drivetrain behind it?

-Steve

FredTheMonster -

Nice set up. I'll share pictures of mine when I am finished, but I am sure it won't look as sweet as your set up.

Sethro -
I am very interested in your story. Did you order a fuel injection kit for the 2F or a 350?

Thanks,
Dave.

in the profile but here goes...
Basically I really liked Woody's 40 so I stole the specs & built it up! Original cruiser cost me $700.
73 fj40 (frame-off);
ram jet 350, sm465,
3sp tc,
soa with cut & turn,
55 springs, ps,
4:88's with detroits front and rear,
longfields,
38.5 x 14.5 sx swampers,
mini disks
Kong's high steer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back