Has anyone used Carmarka.com? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone here used Carmarka.com in Dubai for replacement part? Trying to find out if they are reputable because I need a mirror computer assembly for my GX470 and they have one for more than 50% less than I have been able to find elsewhere.

Never used them but after looking through their website they might be selling fake/used products as new especially if it's 50% below market value.

I've got decent prices through majelan auto and if you don't want new better to head down to the scrap yards or used parts stores

Thanks for your reply. I am having trouble with the scrap yards because the part I need has been revised. That scrap yards have the old revision. For the updated part, I can only find one that is new. To make it more complicated, I cant find the old part number for the mirror actuator. An old actuator won't communicate with the new computer.

Has anyone here used Carmarka.com in Dubai for replacement part? Trying to find out if they are reputable because I need a mirror computer assembly for my GX470 and they have one for more than 50% less than I have been able to find elsewhere.

The mirrors have their own computer? Yeesh! Glad I have a 40 and 80...

Never used them but after looking through their website they might be selling fake/used products as new especially if it's 50% below market value.

I've got decent prices through majelan auto and if you don't want new better to head down to the scrap yards or used parts stores

Agree with Desert Nomad on all points. I'd assume 50% priced OEM parts are fake.

Thanks for the help. Carmarka emailed me and said the part was not available. I am actually relieved. Although I had to give them all my contact info to find that out. Hope the spam and phone solicitations don't start.

I took a chance and made a order for some Toyota parts. I have many years experience working for a Toyota dealer in California and I was pretty sure I knew why they were so much cheaper than USA sources.
My ordered arrived today via UPS. It took about 8 days to California. It was incredibly well packaged. Every part I received is OEM. Fortunately the dollar value was under customs limit, so I didn't have to pay an import duty.

We used to get faxes from importers who would bring OEM Toyota parts in from the Middle East. We could buy factory parts at 35% less than what our own Toyota Parts warehouse charged. You have to keep in mind how many people step on the price here in the USA. Japan sells a part to Toyota USA. It gets sent to the national warehouse(PDC). They in turn sell the part to a regional warehouse. They then sell the part to your local dealership, who then sells it to you. It's quite possible Toyota in Japan sells to the middle East at a lower price, but even if it's the same amount they just don't have as many middlemen stepping on the price.

When Toyota was first getting a foothold in the USA back in the late 1950's they set up territories(regions) and sold them to private companies. that's why Toyota USA sells parts to the region with a markup. Over the years Toyota has quietly bought back many of the regions, but there's still a few private one out there.
Some parts aren't that great deal price wise , but others can be 50-75% less. You need to price your local source, including taxes, shipping, etc. and contrast it with Carmarka. In my case, I submitted a list of part numbers and they emailed me back which ones they could get, cost, and freight charges. I then could decide if I wanted to process or not.

I took a chance and made a order for some Toyota parts. I have many years experience working for a Toyota dealer in California and I was pretty sure I knew why they were so much cheaper than USA sources.
My ordered arrived today via UPS. It took about 8 days to California. It was incredibly well packaged. Every part I received is OEM. Fortunately the dollar value was under customs limit, so I didn't have to pay an import duty.

We used to get faxes from importers who would bring OEM Toyota parts in from the Middle East. We could buy factory parts at 35% less than what our own Toyota Parts warehouse charged. You have to keep in mind how many people step on the price here in the USA. Japan sells a part to Toyota USA. It gets sent to the national warehouse(PDC). They in turn sell the part to a regional warehouse. They then sell the part to your local dealership, who then sells it to you. It's quite possible Toyota in Japan sells to the middle East at a lower price, but even if it's the same amount they just don't have as many middlemen stepping on the price.

When Toyota was first getting a foothold in the USA back in the late 1950's they set up territories(regions) and sold them to private companies. that's why Toyota USA sells parts to the region with a markup. Over the years Toyota has quietly bought back many of the regions, but there's still a few private one out there.
Some parts aren't that great deal price wise , but others can be 50-75% less. You need to price your local source, including taxes, shipping, etc. and contrast it with Carmarka. In my case, I submitted a list of part numbers and they emailed me back which ones they could get, cost, and freight charges. I then could decide if I wanted to process or not.

Hi jrrunner,

Did you order from Carmarka.com? I'm looking for some parts and they giving a good deal but kinda worried since the only payment is bank transfer and CC. If it was paypPa would be happier . Did everything go smooth with you?

Hi jrrunner,

Did you order from Carmarka.com? I'm looking for some parts and they giving a good deal but kinda worried since the only payment is bank transfer and CC. If it was paypPa would be happier . Did everything go smooth with you?
I used a CC. The order I placed went great, and after taking into account all the costs each way Carmarka was about 30% less than the cheapest USA seller on the Internet.
Then I tried using them a second time. The freight costs were so much I might as well had gone to the local dealer. Now, I knew some of the items were maybe a packaging challenge, so I removed them and resubmitted the order. But it was still way too much. So I nixed it and ordered my toyota parts from a dealer website. My first order with Carmarka had $70 freight charges, but the second order was going to be $160. I asked Carmarka why, since my second order would have fit into the same size box as the first, but they never responded.
Too bad. I wish I could calculate shipping costs with carmarka easily upfront, I might use them more.

Also, FYI, I've used Carmarka now for a few parts. Since I live in region shipping is a very cheap courier fee. They are selling legit OEM parts though, not fakes. I'm very happy with the prices and the prompt shipping/service.

I just got on with the sales guy at Carmarka, comunication was great , they answered all my enquires via whatappp. My purchase was $2,000 worth of goods with a good shipping cost. BTW if I had bought what I needed itin China would have cost me $6,000.00 +. The shipping to me was ups 3 days . I'm so happy to have found them for this parts they have a very good price and great service.

Last edited:
Anyone else here used Carmarka?

I find it interesting that 2 of the 3 people who say they have used carmarka joined the forum about the time they commented on this thread with @jrrunner joining the day he commented and resurrected this thread (2 years after it was started). Those same two people didn’t participate in any other threads and haven’t been active in a very long time...

If you guys are in the middle east, I'd go with Megazip.net. They warehouse out of UAE and I think it's in
Dubai. The prices are much better than the Japan warehouse and obviously close.

I ordered JDM corner lights for my LX470, they came well packaged and the parts are genuine. The shipping was fast, but sketchy due to it being delivered by a courier. I would recommend them if you are not in a hurry.

It's old thread but this may help. I used PartSouq.com( took paypal) from Dubai, their shipping very reasonable. Also I used Toyotapartsdeal.com between the 2 PartSouq is faster by far for the shipping. I support our guys like Cruiserparts.net and Sor.com. I'm going to give carmarka.com a try. Thank you guys

I’ve responded a few times on this forum, but I spend most of my forum time on Yotatech.
fwiw, I’ve used Amayama more. I like that I can see the shipping charges upfront. But still, some things I can get at a better price through a USA source. I’ve found McGeorge Toyota a little better in pricing than most, including TPD.
jrunner
(jimkola on yotatech)

I’ve responded a few times on this forum, but I spend most of my forum time on Yotatech.
fwiw, I’ve used Amayama more. I like that I can see the shipping charges upfront. But still, some things I can get at a better price through a USA source. I’ve found McGeorge Toyota a little better in pricing than most, including TPD.
jrunner
(jimkola on yotatech)
I just purchased through carmarka today hoping everything goes well. How long should I have to wait to get my item if I’m in the US

Iirc, it took about a week-10 days for the order to ship. After that it was about the same in shipping time. They were good about communication, tracking, etc. Carmarka packaging was insanely good.
During this COVID period I ordered from Amayama in Japan. On the same day I placed a mundane order with Amazon. The order from Amayama beat amazon by eight days.

Iirc, it took about a week-10 days for the order to ship. After that it was about the same in shipping time. They were good about communication, tracking, etc. Carmarka packaging was insanely good.
During this COVID period I ordered from Amayama in Japan. On the same day I placed a mundane order with Amazon. The order from Amayama beat amazon by eight days.
Oh good to know! Thanks! Just nervous ordering overseas but looking forward to working with them and getting my new grill

Oh good to know! Thanks! Just nervous ordering overseas but looking forward to working with them and getting my new grill

Post us some pics and an update when you get it! I was looking at the "TRD Look" grill for my 200 series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom