Has anyone tried these eBay rear fog lamps? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.linkedin.com
I am looking at replacing the red reflectors in the stock rear bumper with LEDs slaved to the stock fog light switch. It seems like the easiest, simplest, and cheapest way to get the functionality of rear fogs while maintaining the stock look.

There are several sellers, all in China, but it looks like there are actually only three different models:

Has anyone tried any of these, or have another suggestion?

C6ACE3BE-F4C7-41B9-BBB4-3F28C5779040.jpeg

I ordered a set of the 4x12 red last night, ETA sometime next week. Due to the overwhelming interest I’ll make sure to report back here once I get them hooked up...

Someone posted here the other day about the rear lamps... But I don't remember if they are these same ones.

Also, I have these LED lamps and took them out because they are not the balanced for the truck and I got tired of seeing the tail lamps "warning" lamp on.

I have some issue in the back of the truck with the stock setup also... I get the tail lamps "warning" lamp when I turn the markers and I need to fix that first before looking for the correct LED load resistors.

C6ACE3BE-F4C7-41B9-BBB4-3F28C5779040.jpeg

Found the thread... Different lamps.

eBay lights arrived yesterday but seller sent the wrong item (these are for a different vehicle). I contacted the seller and they say they should be the same brightness as the 100 series model. I hooked these up to my car and they are SO DIM. They didn’t even cast any red light on the white wall that was less than two feet away. So I am going to return these for a refund, not request the 100 series model in exchange, and look into other options.... Right now I am back at square one: rewiring one or two of the stock brake lamps to go on at full brightness when the fog lamp switch is activated. The only sticking point with that option is that all 4 brake lamps are wired together.

For reference, below is the LED pattern of the lights I was sent (the 100 series model from the same seller has a rectangular 4x12 pattern).

X X X X X X X X X X X (11)
X X X X X X X X X (9)
X X X X X X X X X X (10)

^^ That's exactly what I was expecting after looking at the light shown in the eBay ad. Those LED's are too small to project any light out.
Thanks for the reply. This saved lots of others time and money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom