Has anyone swapped the 5.7 for a diesel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I too fear that the feds have painted a very large target on the backs of diesels and by 2030-2035 they will have found a way to keep new diesels out of the hands of the general public beyond commercial use applications. I have seen lots of 4BT swaps in the 80 Series Cruisers and I am pretty sure that there have been diesel swaps in some 100 Series trucks but I don't see the point with a 200. I guess if you burn up the 3UR and have deep pockets then maybe the swap/conversion listed above could be exciting but I think most would elect to rebuild or replace the 3UR with another, myself included.

Reactions: SSG
If you're serious about it, contact someone like Proffitt's. If anyone is going to swap a Cummins into a 200 and do it right, I can see them doing it. Just bring a pile of cash. They might not want to touch anything as new as a 200, but they might also like the challenge. The 200 is no longer sold, so maybe it qualifies?

Reactions: SSG
If you're serious about it, contact someone like Proffitt's. If anyone is going to swap a Cummins into a 200 and do it right, I can see them doing it. Just bring a pile of cash. They might not want to touch anything as new as a 200, but they might also like the challenge. The 200 is no longer sold, so maybe it qualifies?

I have seen many of their restoration videos, amazing work.

I am sticking with the 5.7 until it explodes. After doing research into the 5.7 the last few days, I have come to respect it.

I have seen many of their restoration videos, amazing work.

I am sticking with the 5.7 until it explodes. After doing research into the 5.7 the last few days, I have come to respect it.

Interested to know what characteristic earned your respect for the 5.7L?

I think there was a day when diesels outperformed their gasser brethren, while also being more efficient.

Interested to know what characteristic earned your respect for the 5.7L?

I think there was a day when diesels outperformed their gasser brethren, while also being more efficient.
It is pretty reliable, option of adding a supercharger, not as much maintenance as a diesel, I live in a cold climate and diesel's do not like the cold :)

Also the horsepower. I don't care about MPGs but I do care about range and I have the 40 gallon LRA tank. Also I do not tow, which is where diesels also shine.

I would strongly consider the swap if my 5.7 died or after it dies if I had the cash. Only to try something different at that point. I do think by that time that you will either require a permit for a diesel or they will be commercial use only, IMO. I do love Heavy duty diesel trucks because of the lots of mods you can do for those engines, I like to mod everything haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom