Has anyone swapped a 71 Detroit Diesel in a 40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's a lot of weight over the front axle, what model are you thinking? I've often thought a 6V53 would be nice in an F100 or something like that but dunno if a 40 has got the space for that. You might fit a 4-71 in

It's a lot of weight over the front axle, what model are you thinking? I've often thought a 6V53 would be nice in an F100 or something like that but dunno if a 40 has got the space for that. You might fit a 4-71 in
Oh I don’t know. I just saw a Detroit swapped C-20 on YouTube and thought man that would be cool in a FJ-40 or 45. A 53 would most likely be easier. That is if it could fit in the engine bay.

3-53 in an FJ40... These photos are from a for sale ad a friend sent me. I know nothing about the truck in the photos other than what can be seen in the photos.

Nick

3-53 in fj40.jpg

3-53 in fj40-2.jpg

3-53 in fj40-1.jpg

It is interesting that over the years so many swaps have been done to the FJ40. I remember having a catalog years ago from Advance Adapters. It included a bunch of engine possibilities into an FJ40. But, in 2020 if I ever was to swap an engine into my FJ40, it would be the Cummins 2.8. Huge support from Cummins and a great engine for the size of the FJ40.

cummins.PNG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom