Has anyone replaced wiring harness lately? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I will be replacing my harness and looking for a suggestion for a replacement. Prefer a recent install for recommendations.

Back in early 2021 this group said they'll quote a price on building a new one.

MrLandcruiser Sales

E: sales@mrlandcruiser.com

W: www.mrlandcruiser.com

If this is the mrlandcruiser I have dealt with he is the Brisbane area Queensland, Australia. Beside s being far away Australia is also a RHD market.

The OP had a thread in the club about blown fuse and melting wires after replacement of the fuse. 50 amp in accessory circuit off the battery. Never responded to question with more information on model and year of the cruiser. Not familiar with a 50 amp fuse in an accessory circuit at the battery. Hard to comment without more information. While the 40 series looked about the same from mid 65 until the end of production the one size fits all approach doesn't work with the wiring. Especially if it's aftermarket wiring that been added. I agree with Jack keeping factory wiring is the way to go. I have collected a bunch of factory wiring over the years just to be able to keep it stock. Know the production date and still can get some help. Once you replace with aftermarket wiring you have very limited help. Too many variables.

I'm going to be buying wire and everything from Coolerman and rebuilding mine. Good inside winter project.

Would love help and advice

Is this on the 73 you planned on selling?

You should see the condition of the wiring of my 73. 73 was kind of an one year only in the middle of a transition. I trying to figure out getting all the extra holes in the tub filled. Not concerned in the least about the wiring.

IMG_20200923_120947210.jpg

I just rebuilt the harness in my 74 I restored. The 73, if that's what you have, would not be that different. These are pretty easy to rebuild.

Where are you located?

I will be replacing my harness and looking for a suggestion for a replacement. Prefer a recent install for recommendations.

i have a 100% Complete ALL sections and all OEM options like hazard switch circuit sub harness and OPTIONAL Towing / Trailer SUB harness

Coolerman hand made total Vehicle Wire Harness KIT , it 100% NEW and still in original Packaging Directly From him to Me

its a Issues FREE New parts he Builds in-house , there is ZERO concerns of any kind to mention .........

PM me please , if this meets your needs and can Help you out

Kindly matt

89620-60060jpg.image.500 x400 - Copy (2) - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

I just rebuilt the harness in my 74 I restored. The 73, if that's what you have, would not be that different. These are pretty easy to rebuild.

Where are you located?

Cluster is the biggest difference. While the turn signal indicators are in the the speedometer face it still uses the old rectangular plugs not single round plug. The reverse light was a single lamp in the tub not part of the tail lights. Emissions are a unknown wildcard. Generally see the 72/73 together as far as wiring diagrams.

i have a 100% Complete ALL sections and all OEM options like hazard switch circuit sub harness and OPTIONAL Towing / Trailer SUB harness

Coolerman hand made total Vehicle Wire Harness KIT , it 100% NEW and still in original Packaging Directly From him to Me

its a Issues FREE New parts he Builds in-house , there is ZERO concerns of any kind to mention .........

PM me please , if this meets your needs and can Help you out

Kindly matt

Matt
would love to see it ang get price.
Dave
deollanik@sundt.com

Is this on the 73 you planned on selling?

You should see the condition of the wiring of my 73. 73 was kind of an one year only in the middle of a transition. I trying to figure out getting all the extra holes in the tub filled. Not concerned in the least about the wiring.

View attachment 2829918
where is your fusible link on the + side? it looks like you have a resettable fuse set up there.

where is your fusible link on the + side? it looks like you have a resettable fuse set up there.

I have no idea what the circuit breaker is used for. Bought this back in 1994 and have never even started the engine. Was complete fluke how I bought it. Timing wasn't right and wife wasn't happy about the purchase.

Cluster is the biggest difference. While the turn signal indicators are in the the speedometer face it still uses the old rectangular plugs not single round plug. The reverse light was a single lamp in the tub not part of the tail lights. Emissions are a unknown wildcard. Generally see the 72/73 together as far as wiring diagrams.

Sounds even easier. I have redone more early ones. The 10/73 is the newest I have touched.

If this is the mrlandcruiser I have dealt with he is the Brisbane area Queensland, Australia. Beside s being far away Australia is also a RHD market.

The OP had a thread in the club about blown fuse and melting wires after replacement of the fuse. 50 amp in accessory circuit off the battery. Never responded to question with more information on model and year of the cruiser. Not familiar with a 50 amp fuse in an accessory circuit at the battery. Hard to comment without more information. While the 40 series looked about the same from mid 65 until the end of production the one size fits all approach doesn't work with the wiring. Especially if it's aftermarket wiring that been added. I agree with Jack keeping factory wiring is the way to go. I have collected a bunch of factory wiring over the years just to be able to keep it stock. Know the production date and still can get some help. Once you replace with aftermarket wiring you have very limited help. Too many variables.
Yes that’s the guy, they had a very detailed form to fill out to get a quote on a harness, it was obvious they wanted to make sure they get everything in the right place! They wanted to know which side the wipers were on, where the license plate light was, etc.
I bought a cruiser that had been in a forest fire. With the wiring diagram and some help from Coolerman I replaced a bundle of burned wires with the correct colors and the car started, idled, ran the first time I hit the key after 12 years.
The wiring can be tedious but with a wiring diagram and some patience you can figure it out.
First make sure everything is grounded properly, that is about 90% of it.

TV TV
Back in early 2021 this group said they'll quote a price on building a new one.

MrLandcruiser Sales

E: sales@mrlandcruiser.com

W: www.mrlandcruiser.com
I have no idea what the circuit breaker is used for. Bought this back in 1994 and have never even started the engine. Was complete fluke how I bought it. Timing wasn't right and wife wasn't happy about the purchase.

Here is my Coolerman hand
Built wire harness kit

Please PM to discuss further

Thanks

F7835169-7393-4E35-81AD-5595DDFB9479.jpeg
EC4C4B60-B194-498D-B7A6-C2FB6E5A9D32.jpeg
2AAF6FDC-AA13-46A8-9B37-5953EFB5D7A1.jpeg
Hey
0C005598-7D3D-41BF-B185-9711CDA3AFA7.jpeg
ACBC985D-3821-407F-A4F4-6A94A942114B.jpeg

AD179057-6CDB-4581-A736-93D57BA641CE.jpeg
0A366818-3A61-4DEE-8025-46A950CF5D9C.jpeg