Has anyone put central locking on a fj40? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was wondering because I wanted to spruce up my ride a little more. I have already got powered windows, and was thinking out central locking.

If anyone has put a kit/hacked one together feel free to respond.

what year 40?
trying to think how any electric lock would work in the rear?

I don't recall the last time I ever locked my 40

what year 40?
trying to think how any electric lock would work in the rear?

I don't recall the last time I ever locked my 40
It's a 76

I think I could get away with just a solenoid in the door, and make a rod that reaches the actually mechanism.

Following. It's in my plans to try and figure out central locking on my rig, although I think I'm going to have a bigger hill to climb with a 67. I would be very keen to see how you powered your Windows as well as that's on the cards too.

Following. It's in my plans to try and figure out central locking on my rig, although I think I'm going to have a bigger hill to climb with a 67. I would be very keen to see how you powered your Windows as well as that's on the cards too.
Where do you think would be the best place to splice 12v from.
Because for me that's is the only part I need. I think everything else should be easier.

Where do you think would be the best place to splice 12v from.
Because for me that's is the only part I need. I think everything else should be easier.

With what you are wanting to do, it's going to be the easiest to build a custom harness.

I was wondering because I wanted to spruce up my ride a little more. I have already got powered windows, and was thinking out central locking.

If anyone has put a kit/hacked one together feel free to respond.
I had power windows and locks in my 76. I never did add a power lock to the rear ambulance door though, but I thought about it a lot. I'll see if I have any pictures, but I don't think I do. Pretty tough to take pics inside of the door panel....

here is my write up on doing it in my 69 but if you have further questions on these style door handles ask me.

@firefighterjed was thinking one point about assembling a kit for sale but i don't think that has come to fruition

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom