Has anyone put a H motor in a 40? Is it difficult? Does it have more power? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ohh indirect injected non turbo diesel,. Can you day 0 to 20 with a sun dial.. very low hp and 60 year old design.. not real efficient or powerful..

I meant compared to the original F engine, and I read it got 125 hp. Isn’t That pretty close to the F?

An h diesel is 85 hp! An f will win in a drag race! I have a 2h which puts out 105hp! It goes down the road but is slow, the h is much worse! I have an early f engine too and it is way more powerful. It you want a diesel with some grunt a 1hz turbo or 1hdt will do the job!

Turbo is good for about 30 hp, doesn’t sound like a lot but if your only making 100, it’s a big help. You shouldn’t turbo an h diesel. A 2h can be but not designed for it. A factory Toyota turbo diesel is the best way to go.

Turbo is good for about 30 hp, doesn’t sound like a lot but if your only making 100, it’s a big help. You shouldn’t turbo an h diesel. A 2h can be but not designed for it. A factory Toyota turbo diesel is the best way to go.
Interesting, thanks for the info. I was wondering if it would be cool to do a h diesel and put a turbo on it to get more power that an F but keep it kinda stockish. It seems like a 2F is still my main choice.

The H is a dog. A slow dog. A very weak slow dog. Nice for a working truck off-road which is probably what the combo was meant for.

I swore my H engine came with factory-installed EHA (Early Hill Alert). Before you even NOTICED the grade, it would start slowing down to let you know an incline had been detected!

And I wouldn’t trust the engine to hold up with a turbo either; powerband is too narrow.

Late model FJ60 way mo bedda.

If you want a diesel that is modern and efficient look at the 3.3 cummins, mechanical, Uber reliable and easilly adaptable.(not the 2.8 crate) Older but still good Isuzu 4bd1t,. Both work great in a fj40..

I had an HJ45 in early 2006. That H diesel is slow.

In 2007, I pointed it east from colorado, put a rock on the accelerator pedal, jumped out like they do in movies and let her rip.

Rumor has it last week it was spotted just crossing the kentucky state line. :rofl:

I'm kidding, it actually went a little further south and made it to Georgia.

In all seriousness, I would look for a 1HZ or 1HDFT to swap in or Isuzu 4BDT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom