Has anyone put a FrontRunner Footwell Water Tank in their 100? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any pics of the tank (water) in the footwell area? My kids are getting tired of the jerry cans of water below their feet.

I tried one briefly. Well made. My only complaint is that you hear water sloshing incessantly. Also, you can fold the seat backs down but not all the way forward.

I opted for a FR rooftop tank and have been quite pleased with it.

My leaning on this (jokes aside) would be that if you search for a smaller aluminum or stainless (coated) fuel cell you might have a winner. I don't know if its something you'd want to drink out of if its a coated tank.

But, they come in many sizes, the racing cells will have internal baffles (which should cut sloshing noise way down) and they come with a 12v pump built in.

I tried one briefly. Well made. My only complaint is that you hear water sloshing incessantly. Also, you can fold the seat backs down but not all the way forward.

The sound of sloshing water inside a rig is surprisingly annoying.

My leaning on this (jokes aside) would be that if you search for a smaller aluminum or stainless (coated) fuel cell you might have a winner. I don't know if its something you'd want to drink out of if its a coated tank.

But, they come in many sizes, the racing cells will have internal baffles (which should cut sloshing noise way down) and they come with a 12v pump built in.
This! I keep telling my wife If we ever go on a long trip I want to weld a custom aluminium tank that makes a flat floor across the second row. I'm not really educated on the safty of aluminium in regards to water storage. I remenber years ago there was big stink made about bare aluminium cooking pots used in backpacking not being good for you. There are plent of examples of bare aluminium cooking vessels so I'm inclined to think those concerns are unfounded.

Depending on what your setup is like the Waterport is another option. I have mine mounted to the swing out on my bumper and it does a good job and fills a space that was otherwise useless for me.

KIMG2526.JPG

Good to know

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom