Has anyone painted their roof to white? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Like title said, anyone seen 80 with white roof? Like fj40 and FJC...

YUP! Mine came white from the factory! :D :flipoff2: :D

I have considered it for cooler summers in ATL...especially since my roof is currently black rubber :)

That is why Factory White is the best color

I was hoping some folks have already done it - this is on my list to do this spring or summer. I want to remove the roof rack (and put it back on), clean everything up real good and use POR15, then primer, then white topcoat.

I'll have my wife photochop a two-tone moonglow/gray 80 to have a white roof.:princess:

are you after the new fjcruiser look?

OR the old FJ40 look :rolleyes:

I have considered it and have a photochop of it some where. The hard part would be finding a smooth transition point.

photochop please if you have already done it. :)

I thought about doing this (white) when I pulled the rack. I ended up going with color matched LineX instead. White was tempting, but then, I decided that the FJ Cruiser look wasn't a fad I wanted forever.

White top

It is true, that there is no good way to transition short of a fade.
Here is a quick and nasty photochop. I did one with the white carried down the a pillar but it looked like a cop car. Not that thats a bad thing.
whitetop.jpg

if you go for a Holstein cow paint scheme you wouldn't have to worry about transition lines :D Just think kids would love it

You should paint your doors white too, to make it look like a 'police interceptor'...I know some of you already have the tags for it.... :cool:

I have no idea if I'm just not getting out enough and am the only one here that does this. But sometimes you guys get me laughing out loud when I least expect it. Thanks for the 10:30pm belly laugh, John.

DougM

Uggg! :eek: I think that photochop settles it. No one on Mudd should ever, I mean EVER, paint their roofs white.

That is why Factory White is the best color

Winter camo = bad. Green is where its at. how about a removable white film for hot weather? Like I would ever reach that stage of tinkering....

I should post a pic of my colormatched gray linux on my moonglow grey truck. The problem is that the roof is white right now. Snow.

I have dark grey 60 that I painted the roof a light grey that looks good....maybe try two toneing it to a lighter shade of whater ya got.

P.S. dark colors suck in the heat but the help stop rust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom