Has anyone installed an internal fuel pump/sending unit in a con Fear 22 gallon aux fuel tank? If so what and where did you purchase? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone installed an internal fuel pump/sending unit in a 22 gallon Con Ferr tank? if so what and where did you purchase ?

Check out Holley Sniper GPA fuel pump. Pretty straight forward. Available at Summit Racing or ?

You could use my in- tank fuel pump mounting kit, and possibly a Centroid electronic sending unit, but I could provide more info if I knew your year model.

You could use my in- tank fuel pump mounting kit, and possibly a Centroid electronic sending unit, but I could provide more info if I knew your year model.
1978 FJ40 with a plastic 12 gallon under the passenger seat and I added a steel con fear 22 gallon tank behind the rear axle. there is only one "bung hole" in the top of the con fear tank. My ultimate goal is to run both tanks but have issues trying differing methods of this. Any help is appreciated .

Check out Holley Sniper GPA fuel pump. Pretty straight forward. Available at Summit Racing or ?
looks like pump would work but it doesn't have a sending unit for fuel gauge

s-l225.jpg
Ok, You could use my in-tank fuel pump mounting kit with the Con-Ferr rear tank, you'd use the gasket for the pattern you cut into top of the rear tank, you'd want to mount on the centerline of the tank, forward near the front wall of the tank. If you are using your stock dash fuel gauge, which is 120 ohms on empty by 17 ohms when full, then you could use Centroid Products electronic sending unit, their# CGFP-10-12V-120/17-5H. Then with this set-up you could use a double pull-double throw (DPDT) switch that switches tanks and sending units at the sometime with one flick of the switch, easy deal.

I ran a holley retrofit fuel module in my custom rear tank. It works great.

I am using the aeromotive stealth pump and really like it

View attachment 2536573Ok, You could use my in-tank fuel pump mounting kit with the Con-Ferr rear tank, you'd use the gasket for the pattern you cut into top of the rear tank, you'd want to mount on the centerline of the tank, forward near the front wall of the tank. If you are using your stock dash fuel gauge, which is 120 ohms on empty by 17 ohms when full, then you could use Centroid Products electronic sending unit, their# CGFP-10-12V-120/17-5H. Then with this set-up you could use a double pull-double throw (DPDT) switch that switches tanks and sending units at the sometime with one flick of the switch, easy deal.

I have separate gauges for each fuel tank.

then you’d have to know the ohms values of the dash gauge you want to use for the rear tank, then I can provide more info.

then you’d have to know the ohms values of the dash gauge you want to use for the rear tank, then I can provide more info.
I'll dig up that info somewhere and get back with you. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom