Has anyone installed a Tuffy centre console? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I can run my iPod into my existing stereo deck via a small hard-wired adapter and I'd like a nearly theftproof lock-box in the cab for it, and for my other junk I don't want to have to remove every time I park for more than 5 minutes. I use a camera for work, and it would be nice to secure it for extended periods.

Has anyone found a Tuffy (or similar) centre console model that makes a nice looking install?

i installed an 8" wide version with stereo compartment...same issue..did'nt want someone to jack my sons stereo while parked at school...it works out great..i think i paid about 200 for mine on ebay

osagecruiser

pics?

sc40 said:

Yeah, what he said! I'd like to see some pics, too, please.

I never even thought about the model with the stereo compartment. That would make room for a GPS/DVDLCD screen in the double-din space!

here is one pic...i will look for more
osagecruiser
MVC-824S.JPG

dfmorse said:

That's quite the set-up you have there!

Were there any issues with fitting the 8" Tuffy box? My first thought is that it might obstruct the parking brake lever.

Did it bolt flush to the floor, or did you need to fab an adapter of some sort?

Iron & et al;

What I did [with the 8" model] was to fab an aluminum plate about 7 inches long by 2 inches wide with two over sized holes (~1/2") that fit the front mounting holes. The plate slides inside the front stereo enclosure and uses the original bolts. I glued some rubber strips to the frame for shock mounts. The rear mount uses an aluminum channel about 6" long by 2" thick by 4" high (I think) that raises the rear so that the box is level, or nearly so. The new Tuffys may come with mounting plates.

It (the Tuffy) will get in the way of the brake lever, but u can mount to the right enough to allow your right hand, flipped over, to easily pull the lever up.

The radio equipment is for radio amateur work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom