Has anyone hooked up a start button in their 60 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Any info/pictures would be greatly appreciated, can't get power to my starter so a remote button seems to be the best option for now
Should be a small terminal on your starter,

apply power there with your key on and it should fire. If not your solenoid is bad and need a new starter.

when I get to work can post up some pics

Should be a small terminal on your starter,

apply power there with your key on and it should fire. If not your solenoid is bad and need a new starter.

when I get to work can post up some pics
I'm refering to the actual remote starter button set up itself mate, have you got one on a 60 series?

Fj60 is carburated not fuel injection won't start up like fuel injected vehicles also as saftey measures do not put remote starts on stick shift vehicles bad things could happen.

The easiest thing for you to do is troubleshoot. Why is the starter is not getting power from the ignition switch? By-passing it doesn't sound like a good idea. I mean the ignition switch sends to the ACC circuit in the first position and in the start position doesn't it send to the coil as well? Make sure the ground is clean where the starter ground bolts to the frame. Verify that current is coming to the switch and also coming out the switch on the correct wire that goes to the starter when you turn the key. See if current is coming into the starter on that same wire. Also you can test the starter by jumping from battery to starter to see if it turns.

Starters can freeze up when they get old. Try banging on it with a hammer and see if that frees it up. If so, you may be needing a new starter.

This is my, incase the ignition doesn't work set up @1989FJ622F
Hope it makes sense.

The blue wire goes from the positive starter terminal to the push button in the dashboard.
The red wire is connected to the OEM solenoid connection coming from the wire harness, and to the solenoid or whatever it is on the starter and then goes to the push button on the dashboard.
Pushing the button shorts the two wires.

Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 5.23.00 PM.png
Push.jpeg

I have this simple push-button that says Tune/Balance to short the 2 wires.

Ignore the coil connection in this picture as you shouldnt need it. The only thing missing in this simple diagram is you should have a fuse between the battery and the in side of the fender mount relay and another fuse between the battery and your push button. But basically you could wire this up...run power off the batter using 12 or 14 gage wire is probably fine....run it through a fuse (guessing 5 or 10 amp is enough) into the dash to your push button and then back into the engine bay to the "S" terminal. You can run some heavier gage wire like 10 g from the bat to the starter solenoid to the starter and 10 should be overkill. Just remember to put a fuse in the big wire circuit.

1619744828992.png

This is my, incase the ignition doesn't work set up @1989FJ622F
Hope it makes sense.

The blue wire goes from the positive starter terminal to the push button in the dashboard.
The red wire is connected to the OEM solenoid connection coming from the wire harness, and to the solenoid or whatever it is on the starter and then goes to the push button on the dashboard.
Pushing the button shorts the two wires.

View attachment 2660562View attachment 2660561

I have this simple push-button that says Tune/Balance to short the 2 wires.
Thanks bro that gives me a rough idea can you get anymore pics?

Also so your not using a fender mounting solenoid? Your using the solenoid on your starter itself wired to the push button start is that right?

Thanks bro that gives me a rough idea can you get anymore pics?

Also so your not using a fender mounting solenoid? Your using the solenoid on your starter itself wired to the push button start is that right?
The starter solenoid always gets used. The fender mount relay just allows you to minimize the electrical risk over a long run of wire into the cab and keep the current in that leg low. Then you use the fender relay to switch on the bigger loaded circuit to trigger the stock solenoid which in turn controls the mega hd current circuit to spin the starter and engine.

Please excuse me it’s a Ford but the concept is there

push button on my ranger

simply add power to the starter solenoid, I pull power from the cig lighter. That red wire gets shoved in the cig lighter, starter fires truck starts wire gets removed

7DC287A5-4D06-4752-91EB-8D0432214743.jpeg

Hey mate is this where I apply power? (Old starter for reference)

View attachment 2670849

here is a thread with someone else asking the same question. In the response they indicate the terminal you want:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom