Has anyone converted to propane or LPG (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Snowwolf,

I'm quite interested in your conversion. Would you be able to give us some info on the components used? Also the company that did the install. I know your in the UK but we have a fair number of propane powered vehicles here in Canada. I think our market is much more open to it then the US. Of course our "petrol" prices are higher than in the US.
I'd like to see if there is a company around here that could do the conversion.

Thanks

This would be cool if you could keep the ability to run on gasoline as well as having the option to run on natural gas. Is this an option?

Also, does anyone have any data on fuel cost per mile comparisons?

You can keep duel fuel run on gas when you run out flick the switch over and run on petrol ,

Cost per km or miles will depends on price of gas and price of petrol at the pump,
gas uses more ltrs per km's than petrol but is obviously cheaper per ltr to buy ,
I get about the same km per tank of gas to petrol , but my gas tank is bigger but cheaper to fill ,.
To fill my gas tank cost about $68 to fill my petrol costs about $115 , that's an average depending on pump prices and for the same amount of km if not a few more kms from the gas , so the conversion pays it's self of fairly quick if you do the km's or miles , For a while our gov was giving out a 3g rebate for gas conversion and if it were a basic gas install the gas conversion people were charging 3g so it cost $0 but you could only do 1 car in your name every 3 years , I think the rebate has dropped down to $1500 but still a good deal

My 93 runs LPG, no probs. Uses a carb type variable orrifice mixer (BLOS from poland I think) injection LPG into the air intake tube between the filet and the throttle plate, works very well, no downsides as far as I can tell, had the motor 2.5 years

Better systems drill the manifold and have dedicated injectors, but this is much cheaper and 90% as good.

No backfires at all, emmissions just marginally higher than petrol; the injected versions would be just as good.

No check engine lights etc.

I wish I had the second long range tank still, it was removed to place the LPG tank there, had to mount tyre on tyre carrier also.

It costs exactly the same to run petrol and LPG where I'm from. I pay $55 for 60l and get 250kms and $130 for 95l for 440kms

Believe Snowwolf is running a Prins system; would love some more info & pics! :hillbilly:

I wanted to go this route but unlike UK & OZ, here in the USA the greedy !@#$% doubled the price of LPG up to match Petrol once people started converting so even after a tax credit it doesn't seem to calc. Some government regulation would be welcomed! :mad:

You'd get double the range though and wouldn't need to buy an alt. petrol system. :p

Federal Tax Credits for Alternative Fuel Vehicles
Alternative Fuels and Advanced Vehicles Data Center: Alternative Fueling Station Locator
Public Liquefied Propane Gas (LPG) stations and prices in Austin, TX

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom