Harrop Supercharger Stage 1 - LX 570 Drivetrain Reliability ? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, I just read a bunch on the tundra forum. Really interesting. I will do a Unichip and bigger injectors if I do this even just at stage 1.

I can see this for monetary reasons, but personally I'd trust a custom tune over a "canned" tune even if it's from Magnuson. The tuner I used is who Slee trusted to tune their Harrop supecharged LX. From what I understand he leans heavily into the conservative side when tuning. I've heard from a local 3ur Tundra that his Maggie 2650 tune (at 7,000ft in Avon, CO) was running 11.4 AFR at WOT. Also heard that the Toyota rings like things richer to stay happy so having a custom tune to put ARF in the mid 10's may be considered safer. I put my trust in the tuners hands.

I have a 2018 LX and I have mine tuned locally in Denver without sending out to Matt in Korea. I have the 360T11 ecu calibration id. Tuners who use VF tuner, previously OV tuner I believe, should be able to tune the 16-18's.

Yea, if you changed anything from the stock kit provided I wouldn't even drive it across town for a tune. Stock injectors, pulley, intake you are fine to drive it. I have the Harrop w/ stock 85mm pulley, the DW 340lph fuel pump that came with it, 775cc injectors, and 1 step colder (ikh22) NGK plugs. Still yet to install the smaller 77.5mm pulley. So I have all the required additional mods for stage 2 just haven't done it yet.

Good point, no idea. Yes, I agree. From my experience with Land Cruisers the reason people tend to upgrade isn't typically because of powertrain issues. It's just because it seems "old" and they want the newer creature comforts that a more modern vehicle offers. I guess I'm willing to take the calculated risk and higher level of maintenance.
No, I don't want a custom tune. One of the huge selling points of the Magnusson kit is that the tune is 50 state legal, with a Carb EO number. I have to deal with emissions here on the Front Range and they're beginning to fail people with tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom