- May 22, 2018
- SF/Bay Area
when I wired my rear dash cam, I went from the mirror/windshield cameraHow did you route cable to the rear window camera?
Specifically, did anyone do any high speed routing through the black rubber conduit with the third brake light power, etc?
- down the passenger A-pillar (behind the airbag)
- under the front door sill plate
- under/around the base of the b-pillar trim
- under the rear door sill plate
- behind the rear cargo panel (it pulls off pretty easy)
- up the d-pillar
- up into the headliner (pull the pinch bulb, mind the black goo)
- to the hatch via the grommet
- pulled the hatch trim to “poke the wire out from under it”
1. Seriously, mind the black goo in the pinch bulb stuff
2. My camera came with a 12 foot cable, I had to get an extension cable to reach the rear hatch
3. There’s a big channel under the sill plates and they’re pretty easy to remove.
4. If you have a fish tape to feed the wire it’s super easy.