Hardware for Exhaust Manifold and Oil Cooler Cover Job (Replace bolts/studs?) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Okay, so the oil cooler cover on my 94 started peeing out coolant and I finally got all the parts I think I need to fix it.

The only doubt I have so far is whether or not to replace the hardware- all the studs/bolts on the exhaust manifold, for example? Can I re-use all these or should I replace them?

Does anybody have the parts numbers for the hardware to replace the exhaust manifold and oil cooler and cover? I found a thread from a while back but there seem to be different numbers for these, and I can't figure out for sure if the description of the parts online match what I need. Worst case scenario I guess is order them, and if they don't fit, try to send them back. But figured I'd try here first in case somebody has done this job recently.

I'm sorry I don't have your answer but I am interested in the manifold bolts, as well. Mine are totally corroded. Are these difficult to swap out? I would like to change mine but they look like they might crumble if I touch them.

This literally took 35 seconds to find. :)

This literally took 35 seconds to find. :)

That’s cause you probably searched using the Toyota part numbers.

Any consensus as to whether I should re-use the hardware I have (it's not bad as far as I can tell) or is this one of those "it's cheap, just buy new" sort of things? I'm trying to avoid the constant impulse to replace everything with brand new stuff when it may not be necessary.

If the plating is oxidized then replace if possible.

or coat in locktite or anti-seize as it will prevent further oxidation.

Any consensus as to whether I should re-use the hardware I have (it's not bad as far as I can tell) or is this one of those "it's cheap, just buy new" sort of things? I'm trying to avoid the constant impulse to replace everything with brand new stuff when it may not be necessary.

On my new engine I changed all that out with new hardware.

What’s a few hundred bucks in hardware when you have well over $10k in a new engine? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom