hardtop shipping (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mel,

If you are shipping the whole top, I would aske them to take off the fiber glass, and take apart the sides. Take out the glass and ship it seperatly via UPS. Then you can stack it all on a pallet and have it sent truck. If they won't do that for you, ask them if they will at least take the glass out and ship it apart from the rest of the top. Then they would have to block the bottom of the top up to be leval with the poles and see if they can get it on a pallet.

Russ

I shipped the Fiberglass part via Forwardair.com aoubt 3 years ago. I boxed it up using old 4x8 sheets panneling that I had. it was 120 pounds or so. and 8 feet by 9 feet or something ridiculious like that. anyway. I shipped it from Columbus OH to Memphis TN for 48 bucks, got there in 2 days.

See what terminals they have by both of you. and do it that way.

I had a 76 top and 4 doors I got on Ebay shipped from Seattle to Philly by Forwardair for $168.00.

It was disasembled and straped to a pallet with the fiberglass roof covered in cardboard setting on top.

Just have to drop it off and pick it up at their terminal

got screwed

Just had a top shipped from Indiana to Arkansas $400 mf'n dollars via Roadway it was not disassembled :mad: :crybaby: :doh: supposed to pick it up tomorrow..........

wrong

When I got to the terminal to pick it up it cost $302.00 a hundred less than I expected. Good news. BUT.......the top is rusted out on the bottom corners by the back door. I think I can fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom