Hardtop Question? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
2 questions:

I am in the middle of restoring my hardtop. Wondering how hard it is to remove and reinstall the glass in the sides? Worth the time???

Has anyone tried to straighten their bent rain gutter. I bent mine on pass side when hunting last year. I tried using a floor jack and a 2x4 but it didn't work.

thanks in advance

Ryan

As for the windows in the hard top, they are a piece of cake to get out and I think worth it. To get them out, go to the inside of the top and begin to push on the window in the corner. As you are pushing, grab the edge of the rubber and pull towards your hand. You will see that as you continue working around the window, the rubber will roll off the lip of the top. You can push very hard on the windows because they are tempered. You may want someone on the outside to catch it when it finally releases from the top.

As for straightning the top rain gutter, it may be easier to cut the bent section off and weld in a straight piece. They can be a pain to get back straight.

Scott

Morse_FJ40 said:
I am in the middle of restoring my hardtop. Wondering how hard it is to remove and reinstall the glass in the sides? Worth the time???

I'd vote worth it, but it'll depend on how hard the window rubber has gotten. If it's old and crispy, it will be really difficult to it off and put back.

Thanks for the opinions, I went ahead and did, what you said Portal_Tek. It came out extremely easy, with the helping hands of my dad. Now It will be really easy to prep for painting. Still have to work on the gutter.

later
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom