Hardtop assembly (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.threeelementsdesigns.com
Or is it better to set my side panels on my body, attach the rear crossbrace and windshield braces, then align fiberglass roof and bolt down? This was all taken apart for a derusting and paint, and is going on an aluminum body without the holes drilled yet for the doors and topper. If I mess this up, I'm screwed. Alignment sucks.

If I put mine back on I will put the whole thing together then put it on the tub. It is a toss up for your situation though.

In part, it depends on your lifting help. I think in your situation, put it on piece by piece. Once you get it lined up and assembled, leave it together as much as possible to take it on and off.

I had a big chunk of icy snow fall on my soft top a couple of weeks ago as I drove down the highway. Sounded like a gunshot. Scared the bejebers out of me. I like the protection. Besides, ever tried to put a ski rack on one of those soft tops?

When i resealed mine i put it together off the cruiser. me and a buddy picked mine up and put it on. but if your tub dont have any mounting holes i would put each side up and mark the holes. i dont know how you are going to attach it to the body but i drilled and tapped the holes out. the PO painted and broke a few bolts off that i had to drill out and tap. some places i used self tapping screws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom