Hard top stretch - side glass seals? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

DirtSniffer

Professional dirt sniffer, rock licker
SILVER Star
Threads
Came across this stretch researching for my own, and can not find any info on it. Anyone know how the side glass and seals were done? If I were to do similar, could I in theory take 2 side glass seals, cut them and butt ends together to stretch and make this work with custom glass/plexiglass I cut myself? Or would this be a custom lengthened seal? Hard to tell, but looks like 1 piece.

____9040357_orig.jpg

____7560408_orig.jpg

____6193986_orig.jpg

Also considering going this route and cobbling something together with a solid side window top and pop out sides.

17E11923-517F-4184-8665-DF8B07EDDF48.jpeg

Came across this stretch researching for my own, and can not find any info on it. Anyone know how the side glass and seals were done? If I were to do similar, could I in theory take 2 side glass seals, cut them and butt ends together to stretch and make this work with custom glass/plexiglass I cut myself? Or would this be a custom lengthened seal? Hard to tell, but looks like 1 piece.

View attachment 3321390

View attachment 3321391

View attachment 3321392

Also considering going this route and cobbling something together with a solid side window top and pop out sides.

View attachment 3321393
Probably yes glue two seals together. There is a rubbery superglue I used to use for modifying rc car tires I used to use that would probably work. Weatherstripping adhesive might also work. If you want pm me and I'll send you a link for that super glue.

There is a butt splice in the weatherstriping from the factory. Using back from one window and front from another would be keep all the formed pieces in the right place. Top and bottom spices would be in the straight sections. One of the easiest things to do in a stretch project.

IIRC, the seals were ultrasonically welded. No reason they can't be glued.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom