Hard top seal for the corrugated top? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

thecrazygreek

A.K.A. TheCraftyGreek
Threads
Anyone have ideas on this one?
I'm going to use a 2.5 inch garage door seal with some major mods but was wondering what others have done.
I don't think the seal goes across the rear above the folding door does it?

Anyone have ideas on this one?
I'm going to use a 2.5 inch garage door seal with some major mods but was wondering what others have done.
I don't think the seal goes across the rear above the folding door does it?
Well I just happen to be rebuilding my 65 hard top. The weatherstrip did go all the way around the roof above the bifold door. I'm still sanding, but plan on installing city racer stripping on the roof ...and the bifold doors.. need to get painting soon, waiting on warmer weather! Good luck!

20190129_180008.jpg

20190129_180016.jpg

City Racers strip doesn't fit. The rear area is totally different. Plus I think your wrong on the rear strip going across the rear. Where does it rest?
There's no header like on the later models. The upper folding doors weatherstrip goes directly against the hard top.
I could be wrong, but I need some clarity...

:beer:

City Racers strip doesn't fit. The rear area is totally different. Plus I think your wrong on the rear strip going across the rear. Where does it rest?
There's no header like on the later models. The upper folding doors weatherstrip goes directly against the hard top.
I could be wrong, but I need some clarity...

:beer:
Greek, check your private messages please!
Thanks!

Well I just happen to be rebuilding my 65 hard top. The weatherstrip did go all the way around the roof above the bifold door. I'm still sanding, but plan on installing city racer stripping on the roof ...and the bifold doors.. need to get painting soon, waiting on warmer weather! Good luck!

View attachment 1947390

View attachment 1947395

The 1965 and earlier weatherstrip did not go all the way around the top like the later models. It was two pieces.

I was just pulling one of my 25’s out for its annual spring drive around the block yesterday and had to move a couple of these sections of weatherstripping from on top of the roof where I was storing them. I was thinking to myself how great it would be if @Racer65 could repop them.

They’re a weird material and harder than the later rubber seal. They also came in two different grey/beige colors. I think the color change happened around 1962.

Last edited:
Thanks @Splangy
I was thinking that was the case.
I wish I knew where I put the ones I took off of mine... !!!

Last edited:
This is what mine (‘65) looked like when I pulled my top a while back. No idea how original is is, but the link is to what I did about it. It is two pieces.

Around the corner they come, and down the home stretch...

The seal at the rear corners was trimmed out in the middle, not sure if it's original but it's going to get reused 'cause I'm too damn cheap to buy an OEM replacement. So I filled in the space with butyl rubber tape stuff (the stuff is used to set windows in RVs, etc.). Feels like sticky clay, doesn't harden but sticks pretty well. I got it a while back at an RV repair place when working on my TC. Get this finished up and get the :princess: to help me lift the roof back on, bolt it up, and I'm ready to hit the birds on opening day (Sat).
View attachment 451007View attachment 451008View attachment 451009

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom