Hard top fit problem? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have about a 3/16" gap at the top of the B-pillar at checked with a straightedge. I'd have to take it apart, several hours of work, or just use the bolts in the fiberglass cap metal rim to pull it straight enough. I am very tired of messing with it. On the other hand I do not want to damage the fiberglass. What do you all think?

I am surprised at how poorly the parts fit back to together.

DSCN0598.JPG

Pic of overall door so all gaps can be seen would help, what year cruiser ? which gasket did you use on the tub ?

This is a 3 piece puzzle, top to sides, sides to tub. Need to see the whole picture before a problem can be identified.

It is a 1970.

I tried the cushy over the rim gasket with the flat hard rubber gasket. The thick one pushed the tub outward at the rear so much that the lift gate has to large of a gap on the right side. Someone else her pointed out that the thick cushy gasket was not used by Toyota until 1972. Once I removed it the lift gate fit well enough. I was also told that the hard rubber gasket sets the height and the cushy one does not. I do not believe mine ever has the cushy gasket as made.

The gap between the top of the door and B-pillar is minimal even after adjusting the hinges. I wonder, are the rubber spacers between the tub and frame that may have shrunk over time?

The vehicle was never severely crashed, just dings and dents.

I need to test fit the top before installing the headliner. I guess that will be the test.

DSCN0599.JPG

After looking carefully, It looks like the top edge of the side piece has been pulled up at the bolt holes as to suggest the condition existed previously. IMO it is nominal, seal it up and run it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom