hard top and door removal. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
how hard is it to remove the hard top and the rear doors, it doesnt look like they have ever been removed before. whats the best way to do it? piece by piece? as a whole unit? any help would be greatly appriciated.
nate
77 fj40

Remove the rear doors first, you can leave the fronts on til you want, pull the spare tire off too. Then take all the hardware out and pull it right off. I lift and stuff blocks of wood between the edges to get a hand hold. It has an aft center of gravity so be careful, don't forget the windshield bolts in the front. Takes maybe 1/2 to 1 hour, It's heavy as hell (I'd guess 300 lbs or so) so you need help.

Ya I'd leave the sides bolted to the top, then you don't have to mess with the rear door edge part and have to deal with sealing issues.

the screws to the rear ambulance doors, seem to be painted or sealed in there pretty good, any tricks uve guys have used to getting them out? soaked them in some DW40 for a while hoping that would help, dont want to go electric drill for fear of striping the the screw head.

Hand impact driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom